How do you like the clutch lever pull set up?

Started by Dennis The Menace, November 16, 2008, 08:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis The Menace

I installed a new race clutch pack yesterday with stronger diaphragm spring.  Adjusted per Hippo method, as usual, and the engagement/disengagement is in the first 1/4 of lever travel.  I am used to the the engage point being closer to middle of travel.

What do others here prefer?  And, why?

Menace

BTW, if you torque the diaphragm spring bolts and one keeps turning without feeling the click of the torque wrench, stop before the head snaps off.  Dont ask me how I know. lol

crazy joe

November 16, 2008, 09:59:24 AM #1 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:03:59 AM by crazy joe
Did the engagement at 1/4'' happen because of the new hardware installed
or because of the hippo adjustment. I tried the hippo and and really couldn't tell the difference. I would perfer the 1/4 so feathering the clutch at slow speeds would be easier (I think ) or at least be able to try it

Dennis The Menace

I think the adjustment is there becuase of the new clutch pack.  I used 1/2 turn on Hippo's method, as I have done before.  But, engage/disengage used to be about in the middle of travel.

I noticed last night the engage point is in about the first 3/8 inch of pull, so I need to readjust.  I am concerned I may have some slip now.  Will work on it tonight.

Menace