May 09, 2024, 04:01:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

124 S&S Build

Started by FATZ, July 16, 2009, 09:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FATZ

last winter I advised members I was doing a 124 S&S build. I had the heads and Super G carb worked over by JIM Libonati of Megaflow,out of New Castle, Pa.. Jim Young from Halifax, Pa did all the mechanical work on the motor and bike. After the motor was installed in the bike, we took it to P&M Power Train in Dillsburg, Pa. and dynoed it,. The bike dynoed at 140 H.P. and 140 TQ.

On Wednesday July 15, 2009 we took the bike to Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Md.. I know sometime these dyno numbers are thrown around and it can be hard to seperate fact from fiction,. I believe the true dyno is the race track. Results for the bike in the quarter mile were 10.8 E.T. at 124.5 M.P.H.. Not bad for an (old) 95' Fat Boy. Thanks to the members who answered some of my questions., I.E. John Sachs, Cybil, whom I talked to by phone a couple times.

Whats great about the build is the bike isn't a bar hopper, it's a road warrior, does 500 mile days and runs like a top. Enough of my rant, just wanted to let anyone out there who is thinking about doing a build know how mine turned out...... FATZ

Reddog74usa

Congrats on a great build  :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Hillside Motorcycle

That power in a lightweight drag race chassis/slick/wheelie bar, etc, WILL push you into the low 9's, high 8's. :wink:
(and how do I know that?)
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

wfolarry

The 1/4 mile time slip says it all. Nice. :up:

deathwish

If you have the S&S carb on the engine don't forget to send a time slip and photo to S&S to get in the 10 sec club.

FLHTom1948

:chop:I hate you. Love, Tom

Die, Terrorist scum

pwmorris

Quote from: deathwish on July 17, 2009, 08:37:41 PM
If you have the S&S carb on the engine don't forget to send a time slip and photo to S&S to get in the 10 sec club.

Yup and great job :up:
Any Pics of the bike at the track? Rear tire/clutch set up? No wheelie bar? Any more bike details other than the motor?
Here's you shirt that you earned as well as the other 2-Not for sale and you have to earn em' the old fashioned way-

Your future shirt-

And the Mac Daddy (only 3 members in the USA currently)