May 02, 2024, 08:59:43 PM

News:

BAR SNAKE

Started by v10ole, November 16, 2008, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v10ole

Hey anyone tried Bar Snake in the handle bars to reduce vibs? I am running 1 1/4 apes and after 50 miles the old hands start getting numb.

pappyfreebird

nevar tried it,,,but have ridin two that had 12 shot lead dumped in em n the cats swore by it..dint feel to bad ,,but dint go long er wind em up..so in udda werds ill shut up,,cause i dont know cheeyut..have heard the lead shot werks fer many yrs..nevo used any though in bars that is

Dennman

Hell,I think if I held my arms up for 1 hr.,my hands would go numb.
Don't let the bastards get you down!

pappyfreebird

well i personnally fuggan hate it bayud when i hafta hold my arms up,,unless i knowd i dint do it  wahahahaa

76shuvlinoff

November 16, 2008, 12:26:14 PM #4 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:33:23 PM by 76shuvlinoff
 pappy you know your rights? right?   :wink:

My original flh would turn my hands numb after 80 miles, forget the mirrors. I stopped and bought a set of gel palm gloves the first time I left home with her. I don't know about bar snakes but I have heard of guys driving brass or steel slugs  into the ends.
Vibration is tricky to track down but true and balanced rims and tires make a big difference. Also consider chain tensions, both of em, clutch hub wobble and playing with sprockets to gear around it.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

a big ten fer on that chain tension n wear...a stretched chain primary er final drive kin cause vibes n loose motor mounts too  ... a front break user (me most any stop is front) causes cuppin in front tire that kin evin be felt er dont help any

Lew

have heard the lead shot werks fer many yrs..nevo used any though in bars that is

LMAO

-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Hazy

I used the liquid bar snake in the bars on my shoveltrike and it did make some difference. Shot or lead weights would prolly do just as much and be a lot cheaper. The liquid stuff is also messy to deal with. I've put the solid snakes in a few customers bars and they swear it cuts down on the vibration. Be aware though, you can't run the wiring thru the bars or use bars with a wiring dimple (the indentations under the controls) with the solid snake - that's why I used the liquid.
Hazy

fulldress79

I had to read this because I used to hang around with some bar snakes :beer: :teeth:

randallwhitman

METAL handlebar weights work better than the bar snake.  Tried both.  I have the ones that stick out about an inch from the end of the bar.  They are solid mounted in the end with an allen bolt.  Work great.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

rockjerry

tryed it last summer made a great inprovement not sorry i spent the $$$