May 03, 2024, 10:16:35 AM

News:

Is anyone using a V&H 2:1 big radius pipe?

Started by RevFastEddy, November 16, 2008, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevFastEddy

How was the install and how does it perform? Any drawbacks? How loud or quiet is it? Any dyno runs with it? :down: :up:
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

Mike52

Ed, I've had a close relationship with someone at V&H for many years and I've been using a Pro Pipe on all my bikes even the bagger. When the Big Radius 2-1 pipe came out I asked the friend at V&H about it and was told it definitely was not as good of a performance pipe as the Pro Pipe, was also a lot louder. Wasn't what I was hoping to hear, but all I needed to know. I also have a friend at work that put one on his Deuce with a big HP 95"  (even after I gave him the above info), he hates it, said it hurt the power and was way too loud, he's sorry he bought it and wasted the money. Hope this helps.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

RevFastEddy

Thanx Mike.....

I was wondering about the setup. Dang the Supertrap 2:1 and the Hooker big radius are looking better.
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

Mike52

Quote from: RevFastEddy on November 16, 2008, 04:14:39 PM
Thanx Mike.....

I was wondering about the setup. Dang the Supertrap 2:1 and the Hooker big radius are looking better.

Looks is the deceiving part, that's the reason the friend bought the V&H Big Radius for his Deuce, because he liked the way it looked.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net