May 02, 2024, 06:09:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

vtune question: does each vtune start from scratch on the new mt7 file?

Started by burgies08ultra, July 18, 2009, 08:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgies08ultra

what i am trying to say is: if i do one vtune and combine that with the last mt7 file, and make a new mt7 file.
when i then use that new file, does the next vtune just update that file with new ve numbers or does it start  from scratch
and do the whole ve map area???/  this dont sound right, but i hope u get what i am trying to ask
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

frydaddy96

It does a litlle bit of both I believe.   When you collect data with vtune, you are collecting the changes that the ecm is making for VE and timing plus some others.  When you combine this with the initial map in vtune it adjusts the different tables to closer to what is actually happening.  Each time you do a data collection run and combine it with the previous map in vtune it refines it.  Thats why you see the table colors change from red to pink to white.  When you get to the light pink or white the ecm is not having to make any or very little adjustment for that particular set of conditions.  In one of the forums, Steve Cole did a good write up on what is happening, plus I think the tuning guide give pretty good info on what is happening.

Hope this helps.

burgies08ultra

so what i am understanding is that each subsequent vtune only tries to gather more intel on the cells that are not
already maxed out??/
burgie

blkfalc4

It looks at every cell it can. If the last run was good then those cells that don't need changing will be in white. Darker red needs the most change, fading to pink as you get closer to the right VE numbers. Yellow is not enough data collected in those cells.

Eventually, as you keep making more runs and correcting, you will see more white cells.

Mike
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

burgies08ultra