May 02, 2024, 07:54:38 AM

News:

TTS yellow cells

Started by 99embrey, July 20, 2009, 10:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

99embrey

Just finished my 2nd vtune run.  All cells are white with only a few light pink, plus I have the yellow cells which I know mean no enough time in those areas.  My question is that it seems I would continue to have yellow cells no matter how many runs I make.  Should I just go ahead and call it ready to go since I have all white cells now?  Sorry if this is an elementary question, but I'm just learing the TTS after switching from my tmax.

FLTRI

Quote from: 99embrey on July 20, 2009, 10:27:07 AM
.....but I'm just learing the TTS after switching from my tmax.
Does your bike run any different with the V-tuned TTS VS T-Max?
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Herko

The TTS Tuning Manual (dated 17 June 2009) shows a few good pics and explains what to look for with the yellow cells.
pgs 47 & 48.

If you have yellow cells on the outer edges only of your "shape" this can be normal.
The VE's for these cells should follow the trend and not leave spikes or holes in the VE map.
Use the "Show Graph" to assist in looking for unwarranted spikes and holes.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

99embrey

So far the bike seems to run slot "smoother" with the tts. I really have just been trying to hit all the cells for now. I think I'm going to like it better though. The bike definately has a different sound to it with the tts.

Thanks herko, I'll check that section out.

99embrey

another dumb question, but where is the newest copy of the manual?  The one I have is dated 20-APR-09

FSG

July 20, 2009, 05:39:35 PM #5 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:43:20 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Quote from: 99embrey on July 20, 2009, 05:31:10 PM
another dumb question, but where is the newest copy of the manual?  The one I have is dated 20-APR-09

When was the last time you ran the "TTS Software Updater" ?  Perhaps you need to run it.  After checking that it is the latest revision it then updates the Software, Cal Files and the manuals.

99embrey

Yeah, that's what it was.  I did run the updater when I installed the TTS, but I didn't realize the tuning manual wasnt checked.  Got it now.  Thanks