May 02, 2024, 01:54:31 PM

News:

Questions on new SERT - Super Tuner

Started by tomp, November 16, 2008, 02:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomp

Hi, I just purchased version 2.001.0004 for my '09 Bagger. The interface is totally new to me and different than previous versions. Got a question:

1. How do I use this software version with my old SERT serial adapter for my softail? I dont see way to switch between USB and serial port connections. Do I install both versions on the same laptop (Can both versions co-exist)?

FLTRI

Best recommendation:
Before you hook it up to your bike and make it nonreturnable, put it back in the package and take it back and get your money back.

Take $100, put it in your pocket and order a TTS (old SERT) Matertune. It is improved from the original SERT and uses the SERT cables.

The SEST (super tuner) still has software stability issues locking up your PC at various times causing untold aggravation.

I tune for a living and regularly use all the tuners sold, including auto-tune systems. I can say Matertune is far and away the best way to tune your bike.

Hoping this helps,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

crazycalvin

Quote from: tomp on November 16, 2008, 02:17:10 PM
Hi, I just purchased version 2.001.0004 for my '09 Bagger. The interface is totally new to me and different than previous versions. Got a question:

1. How do I use this software version with my old SERT serial adapter for my softail? I dont see way to switch between USB and serial port connections. Do I install both versions on the same laptop (Can both versions co-exist)?
Are you talking about just the software?  I don't think the new SEST software will work with the SERT.  I have both versions on my laptop.

WVULTRA

Quote from: tomp on November 16, 2008, 02:17:10 PM

tomp:

If I'm reading your question correctly, and you have purchased the new H-D "Super Tuner"(SEST), then that system connects to your computer via USB and the serial adapter is not needed.

Also, as Bob noted above, if you haven't actually used the Super Tuner yet I would take his advise , return it for a refund, and order the TTS MasterTune!

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

tomp

I wasn't aware that the Matertune/TTS existed and that the old SERT was still alive. Please post a link where I can read about it and see screenshots if available. So their latest versions of software will work with my serial SERT adapter/cables?

WVUltra, I have the old serial SERT interface for my Fat Boy which I still need as it's married to that ECM. Then, I have the new SEST for my 09 Street Glide which is USB. It sounds like I can run both pieces of software on the same PC so both adapters will work?

By chance, anyone know the latest version of the older SERT software for my serial adapter?

crazycalvin

Tomp, I do not know the latest version/revision number for the S.E.R.T.  The S.E.R.T. and S.E.S.T. software will run on the same computer.

Herko

Quote from: tomp on November 16, 2008, 04:45:58 PM
I wasn't aware that the Matertune/TTS existed and that the old SERT was still alive. Please post a link where I can read about it and see screenshots if available.

http://www.mastertune.net/
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Herko

Latest software for the original SERT is v.477
Here's a download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

WVULTRA

Quote from: tomp on November 16, 2008, 04:45:58 PM
I wasn't aware that the Matertune/TTS existed and that the old SERT was still alive. Please post a link where I can read about it and see screenshots if available. So their latest versions of software will work with my serial SERT adapter/cables?

WVUltra, I have the old serial SERT interface for my Fat Boy which I still need as it's married to that ECM. Then, I have the new SEST for my 09 Street Glide which is USB. It sounds like I can run both pieces of software on the same PC so both adapters will work?

By chance, anyone know the latest version of the older SERT software for my serial adapter?

tomp:  If I'm still understanding you correctly, then yes you can run both softwares on the same computer.  Using the old SERT with your computer requires a USB to Serial adapter.  The new SEST will not require an "adapter" since it is USB and will plug directly into the USB port on your computer.

Herko put up a link above for the latest SERT software.

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

eddfive

The new SEST has a different communication "Dongle" than the last SERT version (4.77).  They will both run on the same laptop.  You can not use the new SEST software with the old SERT dongle.  MasterTune has another different "dongle" which works with neither SERT or SEST but works with its own software.  If you have a bike on SERT already then leave it on SERT.  For your 09 bike the new SEST works just fine and requires a different (printer USB) cable to plug into the computer but the same (SERT)cable that plugs into the ECU.  The new SEST has a different GUI than the old SERT but works the same way as the old SERT.  MasterTune has the same GUI as the old SERT with some new tables that can be adjusted.  SERT 4.77 does have some bad Calibration files that have not been fixed.  I have not encountered any bad Cal files on SEST or MasterTune (.MT7).

tomp

Thanks to all that replied...I do have a copy of 4.77

Ed, can you shed some light on the files that have calibration issues? Should I avoid v4.77 all together and use an eariler version or use 4.77 with previous calibration files imported into 4.77?

Herko

Quote from: tomp on November 17, 2008, 06:48:22 AM
Thanks to all that replied...I do have a copy of 4.77

Ed, can you shed some light on the files that have calibration issues? Should I avoid v4.77 all together and use an eariler version or use 4.77 with previous calibration files imported into 4.77?

Not Ed, but here's the bad cals for v477 per TT366 anyway.
v477 is fine to use and stable BTW. v476 was the problem child.

200TW001·A 1
200TX001·A 1
200TY001·A 1
200TZ001·A 1