May 08, 2024, 03:17:19 AM

News:

4 Month backorder for some EVO parts? Ouch!

Started by Vtwin_Farriers, July 22, 2009, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vtwin_Farriers

Ordered a couple of James top-end gasket kits from Zanotti in April to redo the top end on my 99 FLSTS this coming winter (buy while I have the cash and all).

Forgot completely about it... last night, I remember "oh yeah, i never got those gasket kits".

Send an email off to Zanotti today asking if they forgot... they say "I checked and they still show on back order, they show a release of 8/7/09"

:smileo: Ouch.

Now I know how shovel and panhead owners feel!

hrdtail78

I wouldn't blame that on the dealer.  Not saying you are.  Seems every time I order from my distibutors there is always something on backorder.  Gaskets being high on that list.  Talking with one of the head guys at Mid-USA the other week.  He said if they order 75 sets in, they get maybe 20.  Dennis said he thinks the manufactures are believing the doom and gloom on the news and dont want to over produce.  Even though these parts are in demand.  I have been going straight to the source (Cometic) and having them make me up a set of what I need.
Semper Fi

Princess Butt

The problem is, most people have forgotten what a doom and gloom economy is.

The answer: "I want to ride, but I can't afford a new bike. So, I'll pump some money into my old one!"

In other words, if someone carries parts and accessories for the not brand new bikes, they will start seeing quite a bit of business. We still ride, and I'm not forking out $20k plus for a new bike, but I'll gladly add something to the current bike. I'll spend a few hundred on some new chrome.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

ceduby

Never had a problem with Cometic gaskets, or rockerbox gaskets from the dealer, usually in stock.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

ST40

Owning a Shovel, I always check availability when I order.    Sometimes I have to find a substitute, but at least I know the status of the order.              Marty
Marty