May 02, 2024, 04:03:08 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SERT 9 PIN Adapter

Started by 02FYRFTR, November 16, 2008, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02FYRFTR

Anyone using an adapter for SERT Module  9 pin to computer SBU?  No 9 pin on new computer !!! :emsad: :emsad:

JerseyT

Not for a SERT, but I recently picked up 9-pin male to USB adapter to hook up my PCIIIr to my new laptop.  Purchased on-line for about $12.  Worked fine.

02FYRFTR

Quote from: JerseyT on November 16, 2008, 05:37:48 PM
Not for a SERT, but I recently picked up 9-pin male to USB adapter to hook up my PCIIIr to my new laptop.  Purchased on-line for about $12.  Worked fine.

Do you know the make and model such as  Belkin, adio Shack etc. ?

JerseyT

I just checked the cable and the brand name is: Sewell (made in China, of course).  Don't recall the name of the on-line retailer I used.  I just Googled "9 pin male serial to USB adapter", or something like that and found a bunch of suppliers.

WVULTRA

November 16, 2008, 06:30:51 PM #4 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:33:08 PM by WVULTRA
The Belkin F5U109/409 unit has worked flawlessly several years for me using the SERT and now the new TTS MasterTune:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459431

:up:

'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

maineultraclassic

I just went thru this.........you have to use a Belkin Serial-to-USB adapter, none of the others will work.

I picked mine up at the local Staples for $42, none of the other big box stores around here stocked the Belkin.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

02FYRFTR

Quote from: WVULTRA on November 16, 2008, 06:30:51 PM
The Belkin F5U109/409 unit has worked flawlessly several years for me using the SERT and now the new TTS MasterTune:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459431

:up:

Belden website part number you listed is for USB PDA adapter which I already have and it does not work.  Belden website lists a US to Serial as F5U 103 vea.  Are you using with laptop or PDA ?

WVULTRA

Have used with 3 laptops.  1 with Win XP Pro and 2 with Vista.

Not all adapters are created equal.   :idea:

:beer:

Flat Dog

I had to get the expensive Belkin also-couldn't believe the engineers would spec out such an antiquated connector on an ultra expensive black box. ftf.

ToBeFrank

02FYRFTR

:smile:  Thanks for the help from everyone.  Had some trouble loading the drivers but the Belkin F5U409v1 works great.  Also had to change the assigned com port but all is well.  Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WVULTRA

Quote from: ToBeFrank on November 17, 2008, 10:10:37 AM
Keyspan adapter works fine too.

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usa19hs/

Frank:

That Keyspan looks like a great adapter!  :up:

IMO, any quality adapter that will support the necessary baud rate and offer up to date drivers should work fine with a SERT or TTS Tuner.

:wink: