May 02, 2024, 09:20:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Primary leak at shifter arm shaft

Started by Six Blues, November 16, 2008, 06:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Six Blues

I noticed a leak at the primary inspection cover on my 05 lowrider. I removed the shifter arm and inspection cover, and it looks like the oil is leaking around these two o-rings. There was a lot of oil 'sludge' on the backside of the shifter arm. Is it really as simple as replacing the o-rings and cover gasket, or is there something I'm missing? Sorry about the supersize image, but I downsized the original image and it is still big.

Thanks in advance.

HDDOC

Yes its that easy, also check the inner oring also.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

Six Blues

That's odd, suddenly I can't see my pix. Anyway thanks for the reply Doc. I also have a leak from the inner side. I still have to figure out how to remove the shaft to replace the inner ring. Then I should be good.

Gary

FSG

Quote from: Six Blues on November 17, 2008, 06:17:28 PM
That's odd, suddenly I can't see my pix. Anyway thanks for the reply Doc. I also have a leak from the inner side. I still have to figure out how to remove the shaft to replace the inner ring. Then I should be good.

Gary

It looks like the imageurlhost server is down, your pic will reappear when it comes back online.  :wink:

Six Blues

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on November 17, 2008, 06:47:12 PM
Quote from: Six Blues on November 17, 2008, 06:17:28 PM

Gary

It looks like the imageurlhost server is down, your pic will reappear when it comes back online.  :wink:

Whew, I thought I did something wrong and it just self-destructed. Thanks.  :smile: