April 27, 2024, 06:42:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Attachments

Started by harleyjt, November 01, 2008, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleyjt

Just ran into an issue trying to attach a file.  System won't allow an attached file any larger than 128k.  Managers - any way to increase that limit?

The other thing I ran into was that when it puked and told me the attachment was too large, I tried to modify the reply post, but then it told me that I had already posted the message.  Yet it never showed up under that thread.  Not sure if I did something wrong, or if its just a system glitch.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

FastFLSTF

Unlike MSN, HV and others pay for the bandwidth and storage of this site.  It's nice that they even allow attachments at all, most boards with owner-paid servers only allow linking from your own online storage so it doesn't quickly fill server storage allowances.  We all just need to either link from other online storage like Flikr or Photobucket or SmugMug, or resize the attachments so they won't hog the storage.

HV

I just increased it a bit but try to keep them to a small size if possible
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Coyote

Also, the reason it said you had already uploaded the attachment was because you hit the back button. When you get a Too Large error message, you need to back completely out and do the post again. That's just a quirk of the forum.

harleyjt

Thanks Coyote.  Could be what happened.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red