May 02, 2024, 02:25:38 PM

News:

fork top nut size

Started by pricey13, November 17, 2008, 12:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pricey13

GDay,  will have to pick up a ring spanner or socket for the top nut/bolt on top of fork tube,flhtcui 2001 model,could anyone help with the spanner size, also how much oil in each fork leg. any help would be great. cheers.

maineultraclassic

36mm is the size of the nut on my '05.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

Mike52

Pricey, you're lucky that you've got an '01 model, those have the factory air assist front forks. If all you're doing is a fork oil change, this will make it a breeze. You won't even have to take the fork caps off if you use a Mity-Vac.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

pricey13

thanks steve  36mm,will pick some gear up today.
thanks mike   i am right at the top of the fork tubes now,there does not appear to be any air lines going to fork tubes, may be the forks tubes have been changed over the years. cheers pricey..

smoserx1

Yea, I am thinking by 01 the air fork was gone.  Look near the right rear saddlebag where you put air in the shocks.  2 air valves = air forks.  1 air valve means rear air shocks only.  Glad you got the knob off.  I'll remember that one for sure.

pricey13

yeah, one air valve only. one bracket only. i dont think this was a cartrige either. will find out today. 

harleyjt

Interesting.  2002 was the year they changed to the cartridge fork on one side (left side iirc).  Air was there thru 2001.   Sounds like someone has made some changes. No telling whats up there.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red