May 04, 2024, 11:35:38 AM

News:

TTS and new computer

Started by 99embrey, July 27, 2009, 10:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

99embrey

I have been data logging with the vtune a few times now.  Everything going great, more white cells each time, but my computer's lcd cable went out (not while tuning).  I just went out and bought a new laptop and loaded the software into it.  My question is, How do I start from where I left off with the tuning since I dont have the latest map that I left off with? 

Doc 1

Ohhhh thats a bummer isn't it.....I had 5 hours into a Dyno tune once when my lap top went south, I thouhgt I was going to have to start all over again BUT.....I took the lap top to the GeekSquad at Best Buy and they removed all the tune information from the hard drive and put it on a disc for $25.00. All you have to do then is install the disc on the new lap top and install your map in the TTS tuning files and open it.....once its in the tuning files you're right back were you where.
Doc

99embrey

Thanks Doc,  they are actually repairing the other laptop, so I'll be able to get the info off of it.  I just got impatient and went and bought another for now.    I just wish you were closer to Kentucky to dynotune the bike, then I wouldnt have to worry about it.  Thanks again, Q