May 04, 2024, 11:37:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

tts timing help needed

Started by jpbo, July 29, 2009, 05:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpbo

Good day
i got some questions with removing timing with tts,i record with spark data, when i play it back i see sparks,show 2 degrees i look some frames before is at 2600 rpm 70 map. now where will i removes spark, the spark table offer 2500 or 2750 rpm to choose???
my setting is road king 08,103 stage II supertrapp se 255 cams,with theses cams is it normal i have to remove as much as 6 degrees from the base map at 2500 rpm around 60,70 map
is there place where i can buy tuned map for my setting ,i don't have tuning shop around the Harley shop don't even know tts

thank for your help ???

Doc 1

Quote from: jpbo on July 29, 2009, 05:12:18 AM
Good day
i got some questions with removing timing with tts,i record with spark data, when i play it back i see sparks,show 2 degrees i look some frames before is at 2600 rpm 70 map. now where will i removes spark, the spark table offer 2500 or 2750 rpm to choose???
my setting is road king 08,103 stage II supertrapp se 255 cams,with theses cams is it normal i have to remove as much as 6 degrees from the base map at 2500 rpm around 60,70 map
is there place where i can buy tuned map for my setting ,i don't have tuning shop around the Harley shop don't even know tts

thank for your help ???

Since your detonation happened between the two break points (2500~2750) take the timing from both break points at 70kPa and you will be good to go.
Doc

jpbo

thanks doc

a last one ,for the map, if it's between 70 and 80 kpa as example 73 kpa will i remove at both or cause it's closer to 70 only at 70?
according to your experience is it normal with 225 cams and 103 stage II with over 10:1 compression  a lot of timing need to be removed?

thank you :  :smile:

Doc 1

Quote from: jpbo on July 29, 2009, 07:13:14 PM
thanks doc

a last one ,for the map, if it's between 70 and 80 kpa as example 73 kpa will i remove at both or cause it's closer to 70 only at 70?
according to your experience is it normal with 225 cams and 103 stage II with over 10:1 compression  a lot of timing need to be removed?

thank you :  :smile:

The 255 cam has a lot of torque in the lower rpm and having 10:1 compression does add a pinging problem, so yes I do see this alot but I don't believe I ever removed more than 3 degrees in any one spot. Removing 3 degrees will fix a 6 to 9 degree spark knock problem, if it doesn't find out what the engine is doing at the problem area such as ....is it pinging under acceleration...if so add some fuel to the Accel Table in the correct temp range. Working with the correct tuning tables will help you solve the problems you incounter much more efficiently and the TTS gives us a much wider canvas for tuning tables than any other tuner on the market.
Regarding your question about the 70 ~ 80kPa....I have used both when the problem area was in between, however, the map interperts from one break point to another so using both break points might take away too much timing in the 80kPa area that is not needed to be removed so my answer would be this for you...try the 70kPa break point first>  record the spark knock> if it works good...if not use the 80kPa too.