April 27, 2024, 12:24:28 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Appreciatning 1340

Started by motardue, November 17, 2008, 08:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motardue

I have had a Dyna FXDX 1450 since '03, with mild cams (Andrews26G) and reiected carb & doherty Ac, wich is now going for 45k miles: very fast winding bike, abslolutely comfortable for medium long trips. But last year I bought also a 97 FXDL with only 17k miles on the clock. One year and 10k miles later the 1340 has new ac, mikuni, ev3cam, new cam bearing, metal breather, TC brakes, metal lines, progressive springs in front fork, and other minor improvements. As I wrote recently I really love this bike and I am starting appreciating all his pros and cons. Something I noted with use:
Kiks back, also if 1450 rews faster and has undoubtedly  a final speed superior the kiks of the 1340 when I open the throttle is more bright and game me more satisfaction :)
Mileage: I can get easily 40 two up, full loaded, from FXDX;  I am near this values riding solo with FXDL but if i load it with passenger I get under 30 :(
Oil consumption: about half a quart (Mobil1 15-50) on both bikes every 700k miles. I think TC has a little sumping when high rewd (but ruonout was in the specs when I installed Gd), Evo I think is burning a little oil may be also 170-26,5 jets on mikuni are too fat? Dunno.
Confort: here wins FXDX with full custom suspensions, nevertheless with a 6 inches mini zbar and a diffferent fork angle the FXDL is fine fun on highways and absolutely smart on the street.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]