May 04, 2024, 05:27:58 AM

News:

TMax idle set

Started by Ultraman, July 29, 2009, 04:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultraman

I have been running the TMax long enough to start getting deeper and tweeking this and that. I have tried lowering the idle below 1000 and it seems that the bike has not changed. The instructions get specific about setting up a lower speed for overheated conditions but the base warmed up idle speed seems straight forward but I don't seem to be adjusting it at all. Anyone familiar with the software please help, it is probably something simple I'm missing! :wtf:
07 Nightrain 103"   Calgary Canada   Gigity Gigity Gooooo!

notlost_nc

After you changed the Idle setting in basic Settings did you write it back to the module ?   After this I always reinitialize the unit....3 times on & off 30 seconds each.   You should notice the difference in the Idle Speed vs Engine Temperature tab afterwards.      Have you done the Write Learned Fuel Adjustments command to work on building your own map yet ?
84 FLTC
05 FLHTCUI

Ultraman

After you changed the Idle setting in basic Settings did you write it back to the module ?   After this I always reinitialize the unit....3 times on & off 30 seconds each.   You should notice the difference in the Idle Speed vs Engine Temperature tab afterwards.      Have you done the Write Learned Fuel Adjustments command to work on building your own map yet ?

Yes to all the above... went out with the laptop and ran through it by the numbers, read from ECM make changes & write back and reinitialize... I have the idle down to 880, it agrees that the rpm is set to 880 but it does not sound like any less then any stock rev plus the tach sits at 1000. Now I know the tach is not that sensitive at low rpm but I am! The idle does not sound any different. As far as building my own map, no I haven't changed anything but basic settings so far.
07 Nightrain 103"   Calgary Canada   Gigity Gigity Gooooo!

mayor

turn the bike on with the t-max software on, and run the RPM monitor.  That should tell you where the bike is idling. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

06roadglide

What is your minimum and maximum offsets for the IAC set at in your Basic settings?  You may be already maxxed out.  My suggestion would be to lower your IAC offsets manually in your "IAC stop vs. engine temp."