Just starting, do I need to adjust the Closed Loop Bias Table...........

Started by Cooner, August 02, 2009, 06:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooner

..............or will TTS do this for me while I am tuning?  I have been tuning in past weeks and did not do anything here but just noticed section 4.3.2.

TIA, Mark in the Big Easy

Ram

Mark, we need a few details. 

What is your bike / engine and build, and what program did you start with 141 or 176? And if you did start with 176 have you been tuning with o2's enabled or not?
'06 FLHRI Road King, ULTRA dress, o2's, TTS tune, LSR 2-1 Black Holes quiet pipe

Cooner

Sorry, bike is an 07 Fat Boy, stock 96 ci, stock heads, Wood 6 cams, V&H Longshots, I started with a 176 with the A/F set so that it is in closed loop mode.

Thanks.

HD/Wrench

your afr table needs to be at 14.6 then set your 02 bias to where you want it , from there save reload map, start tuning.

Harleyrider09

What is your bike / engine and build, and what program did you start with 141 or 176? And if you did start with 176 have you been tuning with o2's enabled or not?
[/quote]
When  you say  enable 02's, is this in Datamaster in data type under "generic 02 Data''or do they have to be enabled somewhere else?

FLTRI

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 04, 2009, 09:20:41 AM
your afr table needs to be at 14.6 then set your 02 bias to where you want it , from there save reload map, start tuning.
Wait......I think what Steve wanted to say is to tune the bike with anything BUT 14.6 in the AFR table so it will run in open loop. Then, after the VE tables have been re-calibrated to the build, change the AFR table to 14.6 where you want the system to run in closed loop and altered by the closed loop bias table.
Hope this helps,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

nc-renegade

Quote from: Cooner on August 02, 2009, 06:34:34 AM

..............or will TTS do this for me while I am tuning?  I have been tuning in past weeks and did not do anything here but just noticed section 4.3.2.

TIA, Mark in the Big Easy

Are you tuning using VTune?
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

Cooner

Okay, heading back out for some more tuning.

Cells are set to 14.6 so I will be tuning in closed loop.

CLB is set to 661. 

Should that get me in the correct areas?

TIA, Mark

wavlovr1

I have had best results tuning with CLBs in the high 700s.

jimbob

yositime

Quote from: wavlovr1 on August 10, 2009, 12:03:15 PM

jimbob

I get quit a bit of carbon built (exhaust pipe) up at 778.  Plugs look OK

FLTRI

Quote from: yositime on August 10, 2009, 01:45:18 PM

jimbob

I get quit a bit of carbon built (exhaust pipe) up at 778.  Plugs look OK
If the VEs are tuned properly there should not be carbon build up @ 778 (14.5:1) in closed loop. That is on the lean side. It would take more like 13.2 or richer to produce carbon residue.
However, if the VEs are off then the AFR table and CLB table will not produce reliable and predictable results.
BTW, what fuel mileage are you experiencing?
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

yositime

Quote from: FLTRI on August 10, 2009, 03:35:07 PM
Quote from: yositime on August 10, 2009, 01:45:18 PM

jimbob

I get quit a bit of carbon built (exhaust pipe) up at 778.  Plugs look OK
If the VEs are tuned properly there should not be carbon build up @ 778 (14.5:1) in closed loop. That is on the lean side. It would take more like 13.2 or richer to produce carbon residue.
However, if the VEs are off then the AFR table and CLB table will not produce reliable and predictable results.
BTW, what fuel mileage are you experiencing?
HTH,
Bob

That's what I was thinking, I was somewhat surprised. I had not seen that much carbon build up prior to the VTune exercise when running the baseline MAP. Did not see that much with only the XiEDs.  I'm currently getting like 45 mpg, a little less than the baseline MAP (AE176-002-B1).  Time to do some data logging I guess.  I will be out of town for a couple weeks after Wednesday.  

How do you tell if the VEs are off, an experienced eye? The front VE looks a different shape than other samples I've seen, a pronounced peak at 2-5% 2750 rpm (attached xls file). The rear looks more like many I've seen but 10 points higher.  The bike has nothing more than slip-ons at the moment, stock tommy gun exhaust header.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]