May 06, 2024, 03:35:02 PM

News:

Accel Enrichment

Started by Harleyrider09, August 03, 2009, 06:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harleyrider09

When using a tts and adding to accel enrichment table to to try and reduce pinging how much should you increase at a time and what is the most I should have to add?Have tryed to reduce timing in the are where it is pinging by 5 deg. and it still pings some.It only pings on accel and from a stop so I thought I would try to increase accel  table.
Build is a 103 street glide with 10:1,HQ 575 cam.
  Thanks Mike

Doc 1

Quote from: Harleyrider09 on August 03, 2009, 06:26:29 AM
When using a tts and adding to accel enrichment table to to try and reduce pinging how much should you increase at a time and what is the most I should have to add?Have tryed to reduce timing in the are where it is pinging by 5 deg. and it still pings some.It only pings on accel and from a stop so I thought I would try to increase accel  table.
Build is a 103 street glide with 10:1,HQ 575 cam.
  Thanks Mike
Mike try 5% at a time in the effected Temp. area

Harleyrider09

Thanks Doc for your reply.
I added 5% on acc with little help so I added 5 more and still have pinging in the upper map,only on acceleration.
I did not think I should remove more timing from what I have read in some of your other post but it looks like that is next.I have it down to about 3 deg of retard on datamaster.
The pistons are at zero deck height with 30 thousandth head gasket and I have 42 thousand squish,do I have to reduce this to get away from the ping?

Doc 1

Quote from: Harleyrider09 on August 03, 2009, 11:30:56 AM
Thanks Doc for your reply.
I added 5% on acc with little help so I added 5 more and still have pinging in the upper map,only on acceleration.
I did not think I should remove more timing from what I have read in some of your other post but it looks like that is next.I have it down to about 3 deg of retard on datamaster.
The pistons are at zero deck height with 30 thousandth head gasket and I have 42 thousand squish,do I have to reduce this to get away from the ping?

If your not getting any results from adding fuel to the Accel table and taking timing away I would have to say your VE tables have to be off target. If the math isn't correct in the VE tables everything else is off too. Set the Accel table back to orginal and the timing tables and retune that area. I'm taking it you have the TTS and you V-Tuned it....correct?

Harleyrider09

Correct,Map TW205 increased engine displacement 5% and decreased VE's 5%.
I will go out now and start over with new base map and do some runs and try it again to see what happens.
Thanks again
Mike