May 04, 2024, 07:35:07 AM

News:

DTT-Changing speedo Hz?

Started by TXChop, August 04, 2009, 10:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXChop

August 04, 2009, 10:32:26 AM Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:14:06 AM by TXCHOP
Guys, i have a DTT adjustable ignition module on my bike now(carb'd). I know where in the software to adjust the speedo, but just dont know what the Hz correlates to or stands for. Since i went to chain drive, speed's running several mph lower. Is it just a trial and error type thing or a mathmatical equasion i am missing.

Thanks for the tips....

05FLHTC

Tx the calibration info is in PC Link the DTT computer program. It's located in the help tab on the far right top of the screen.

Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

TXChop

WOW, thanks. A Simple case of  :rtfb:

Thanks. Looked in that software a million times, just never went to the help section...go figure!

Here it is incase anyone's interested. Looks like more dyno time for me....hmmmmmm

Speedometer Recalibration. You can easily recalibrate the speedometer (and odometer) to accommodate tire and gear changes. Run the motorcycle on a chassis dyno at a constant speed. Note the speedometer reading and the correct speed indicated on the dyno. Use the following formula to calculate the new VSS frequency parameter:

New VSS Freq  =  (Original VSS Freq x Speedo Reading)/Indicated Dyno Speed

For example, if the original VSS frequency parameter was 1403 Hz, the speedometer reading is 60 MPH and the indicated dyno speed is 57 MPH, then the new VSS frequency parameter should be:

1476 Hz =  (1403 Hz x 60 MPH)/ 57 MPH

05FLHTC

No worries, most folks hate directions, me too with most applications! LOL

Takes all the fun out of a good challenge   :wink:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Airglider

Tx,

Best way is to have a GPS to verify your actual speed and try changes from there. My '04 Ultra needs 1435 Hz to calibrate it correctly at 60 mph.

Good luck.

AG
Loud Lights Save Lives!

TXChop

yup, gps is how i found out mine was off. Ran it tonight and i am pretty close now. Only 3-4 off at 65...Will try again this weekend!