April 27, 2024, 12:19:48 PM

News:

Bag extentions

Started by bladerunner, August 08, 2009, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladerunner

I want to put bag extentions on my` 01 bagger...these would be fiberglass. I`ve done the usual web search and come up with a few choices....Or would  real  extended bags be the way to go ? I can do the bodywork and paint work necessary , but I need something that will fit around my rinehart  true duel system..your thoughts please ..........       thanks....bladerunner
Erie , pennsylvania

-JC-1

I don't have any experience with any extensions, but I too have been thinking about them- these looked pretty nice-

http://www.milwaukeebagger.com/
04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

still_on2_wheels

Decide if you can afford the reduced lean angle first.

Jeff
Shiney side up please.

bladerunner

I`m allready lowered  1 inch all around , I might have to add skid plates  :teeth:...but I can afford it.....bladerunner
Erie , pennsylvania

rigidthumper

Harley has a bag extension kit in the 2010 catalog for $299.95, which will attach to your current bags, and don't look half bad when painted. PN 90999-09.
Look here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448773720&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286949&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286949&bmUID=1249820600033&bmLocale=en_US
HTH
Robin
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

baggrfred

I put BadDad extensions on my Ultra. They fit well and are available in 2" & 4". Have the options of single, dual or no muffler outlets. You will drag the 4" especially if you are lowered. I kissed the back corners of mine and I'm not an overly agressive rider in the corners.  After doing it, I would seriously entertain getting the extended bags for the extra storage, although it adds to the overall cost of the conversion. Check out www.baddad.com, they have a wide selection of goodies for this type of conversion.

thealaskan©

Arlen Ness Big Bags... spendy, but well made and actual added capacity.

http://www.arlenness.com/p-625-big-bags-without-lids.aspx

bladerunner

thanks  for all the info  .....for all the look`in  ive` been doing ,  I hand not  seen some of those . I have considered  the HD  kit..but It`s  abs  plastic  and my bags are  fiberglass. Could I bond and fill the seams ? Also they are listed for `04 and up...bladerunner
Erie , pennsylvania

98roadking

I have the Arlen Ness bag extenders and wide fender kit on mine. They are well made and the fit was good. If you are concerned about the fit of your pipes you might consider the Bad Dad so that you can cut the hole to fit. Hind sight I would have liked the full bag so that I had more capacity, but at the time I did have the money.

hotroadking

I like the LED lids but not at $600

extensions look great but I wouldn't want to give up any cornering..

Love to lean too much...