May 04, 2024, 10:59:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Recent tune with SEST

Started by Ardy, August 09, 2009, 04:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardy

I just had a my bike dynoed and I'm looking at the files and I notice no change when comparing Working and Original or Last Saved. Is there any way to know what was adjusted during the tune? They put 60 miles on it so I would assume something was done. I want to know what has been stored in my ECM and save as a map for future references. Do I have to go to the tuner and get the new map from them?
Guns don't kill people.
Drivers on Cell Phones do.

blkfalc4

The tuner should have. They should have given it to you along with the dyno sheets.
Mike
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

Ardy

Quote from: blkfalc4 on August 09, 2009, 05:30:46 AM
The tuner should have. They should have given it to you along with the dyno sheets.
Mike

I agree....Any way to get it out of the SEST and a laptop? I have the software and cables.
Guns don't kill people.

ViennaHog

There is no commonly known method of downloading a calibration from the ECM through the SEST.

Herko

"... and I notice no change when comparing Working and Original or Last Saved."

If you don't have your map, what is this comparison based on?
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

FLTRI

Quote from: Ardy on August 09, 2009, 04:26:35 AM
I just had a my bike dynoed and I'm looking at the files and I notice no change when comparing Working and Original or Last Saved. Is there any way to know what was adjusted during the tune? They put 60 miles on it so I would assume something was done. I want to know what has been stored in my ECM and save as a map for future references. Do I have to go to the tuner and get the new map from them?
Did you get the tuned file from the dyno guy? If you are looking at the "canned" SEST/SERT map it is not the one in your bike. There is a long and arduous way to dissect the mapping but it would take hours to do. It would seem easier to just have the tuned map e-mailed to you for your scrutiny.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Ardy

Called the tuner this morning and they email the final map.

Thanks to all,
Ardy
Guns don't kill people.