May 04, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

I don't know what I did with the T-Max closed loop system....

Started by Paniolo, August 09, 2009, 06:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paniolo

But I must have done something right because it's running real nice and I'm getting better than 38mpgs. That bike has run okay and I had been getting between 28-34mpgs depending on how I rode. Yesterday I had another CB Radio/Tmax issue where either transmitting or receiving on the CB caused the MAP in the ECM get scrambled. When this problem happend before I relocated the Tmax ecm cord away from the antenna base. I guess that didn't help as it is still picking up RF from the CB. I tried reinitializing and pulling the fuses but that didn't help. The rest of the day the bike was popping and running rough and the idle would drop so far it would die.

When i got home I hooked up the PC and monitored the bike. I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Then I reloaded the map and reinitialized. No change, it still ran poorly. Then I loaded the original zippers map and reinitialized. No change. Then I cleared the IAC offests, and reinitialized. No change. Then I cleared the learned fuel adjustments and reinitialized. By now the battery had run down so I left it on the trickle charger for a bit. When I started it back up the bike ran well. Then I unhooked the t-max ecm extension cord from the ecm. The bike has continued to run well and today got 38mpgs and that included running on the freeway at 85mph for about an hour. I also used the CB extensivly with no problem.

I'm not sure which of the above did the trick, but whatever it was I'm glad because it's running real nice.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

HarleyFranco

Is it possible that the battery is starting to go?  After you charged it up it ran fine, these electronic are very sensitive to even a few tenths of low voltage.

Frank

Paniolo

Quote from: HarleyFranco on August 13, 2009, 08:56:06 PM
Is it possible that the battery is starting to go?  After you charged it up it ran fine, these electronic are very sensitive to even a few tenths of low voltage.

Frank

Frank,

That could be. I also keep it on a tender most of the time.

Mark
Life can only be lived in the present moment.