May 04, 2024, 08:28:02 AM

News:

Can I use TTS on 2010 SG

Started by 09fltr, August 11, 2009, 09:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

09fltr

I just wondered if the TTS is ok to use on the 2010 bikes. The wife just ordered a 2010 SG, and were gonna go stage one with a big sucker and SE touring muffler. Is there a map the dealer can use to get it out the door. I have had issues with the dealer tunes in the past, and want to try to use the V tune myself if we have any issues. Wish I didnt live 12 hours from Bob. TIA

Steve Cole

Not just yet, we have released the 2010 programs for everything but the Touring bikes and those are being tested now. We should have them completed by the end of the month unless problems arise with some of the testing being done.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Doc 1

Quote from: 09fltr on August 11, 2009, 09:35:09 AM
I just wondered if the TTS is ok to use on the 2010 bikes. The wife just ordered a 2010 SG, and were gonna go stage one with a big sucker and SE touring muffler. Is there a map the dealer can use to get it out the door. I have had issues with the dealer tunes in the past, and want to try to use the V tune myself if we have any issues. Wish I didnt live 12 hours from Bob. TIA
Where do you live?
Doc

09fltr

Hey Doc, I live in northern Utah. Should I just wait for the TTS to be ready for the 2010 bikes? It seems it is a better product than the sest, especially in the hands of a novice like me. When I was watching Bob tune my 09 with the sest it gave out a couple of times, and luckily he knew exactly what was going on, it seems like a pos unless it is being used in the right hands. I think Bob said the software has glitches or something like that.

Doc 1

August 12, 2009, 08:28:35 AM #4 Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:00:53 AM by Doc 1
Quote from: 09fltr on August 12, 2009, 08:15:24 AM
Hey Doc, I live in northern Utah. Should I just wait for the TTS to be ready for the 2010 bikes? It seems it is a better product than the sest, especially in the hands of a novice like me. When I was watching Bob tune my 09 with the sest it gave out a couple of times, and luckily he knew exactly what was going on, it seems like a pos unless it is being used in the right hands. I think Bob said the software has glitches or something like that.
Bob is correct...and like most tuners who have used the Fisher Price Tuner (SEST) Bob has met Nolan...lol...(tuners joke)
Yes by all means wait for the TTS to get their maps tested and out....they will be a cut above anything else out there.
Doc

Bob where are you located?

09fltr

August 13, 2009, 08:51:52 AM #5 Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:34:18 AM by 09fltr
Thanks for the info guys, I will definitely wait for the tts maps. Is it safe to put the se touring muffler on without having some kind of tuning device. I havent heard anything about this issue yet on the 2010's. I remember some posts on the 09's and some said it was not safe without a tuning device.