May 10, 2024, 07:01:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Pirelli Tires

Started by zoot, August 11, 2009, 07:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoot

I installed a 170/60/17 Pirelli Diablo on my 07 Dyna. At 4000 miles it was slick. Bad slick. Is this the norm for Pirelli tires? I got 6000 from the stock Dunlop, 12000 from a Metz 880. When I went to change the Metz I couldn't get one so I tried the Pirelli. An expensive learning thing I guess.  I got a Metz 880 back on now.  I used to run Pirelli's back in the good old days when you had to manually start your bike and I think I got better millage than this. I probably not run them again unless they are the only thing I can get.

88b

All Pirelli tyres are soft so that they offer more grip, consequently they wear out fast.

Dennis The Menace

+1 what 88b said.  I ran them on my car for years.  Grip like glue, but wear fast.

zoot

Back 30+ years ago when I ran them I had much lighter bikes  and the rubber compound could have been different. Now if the rubber compand is softer and a heaver bike I guess they could wear out quickly. I was very disappointed. I will not use them again.   I did run a set on my 70 camaro . They didn't last long, but back then no tires lasted long on my cars especially the rear.

No Problem

put one on the back of my sporster           almost bald at 40000 miles right tire psi just soft rubber wont buy again

truck

Quote from: NO PROBLEM on August 12, 2009, 04:38:03 PM
put one on the back of my sporster           almost bald at 40000 miles right tire psi just soft rubber wont buy again

I think 40,000 miles is pretty good for a rear tire. :smiled:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.