CLB table - does it effect the whole AFR table?

Started by mcouture, August 12, 2009, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcouture

I understand that the CLB table creates an offset from 14.6 on the AFR table BUT does it also create that same offset for the open loop section of the AFR table?

Let's say I use 781 for my CLB and it offsets .2 AFR.  So 14.6 is really 14.4 on the AFR table.  Do I apply that same principle to an AFR entry of let's say 13.9?  Would that be 13.9 - .2 = 13.7 or does that not apply?

WVULTRA

mc:

Yes, it applies to all AFR table entries.  See page 34 of the Master Tune Tuning Guide.

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

mcouture

Got it!  Thanks.   I re-read page 34 and yup the answer is right there in front of me.   :bf:

LOL

burgies08ultra

i have always seen it referred to as only adjusting the "closed loop" portion of the a/f...
i think steve will have to set us straight??/
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

Herko

If we "calibrate" the VE's with a .2 or .6 or whatever offset, that "calibration offset" will apply to all AFR's...open or closed loop.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

WVULTRA

Quote from: Herko on August 12, 2009, 02:59:15 PM
If we "calibrate" the VE's with a .2 or .6 or whatever offset, that "calibration offset" will apply to all AFR's...open or closed loop.

Herko:

:up:

:wink:

WVULTRA

Quote from: burgies08ultra on August 12, 2009, 02:38:33 PM
i have always seen it referred to as only adjusting the "closed loop" portion of the a/f...
i think steve will have to set us straight??/
burgie

From Steve Cole:

QuoteSo if you have 14.6 set in the AFR and Stoichiometric AFR is 14.68 but adjust the CLB to 785 you are really going to get 14.45 AFR or an offset of -0.23 AFR to the entire table. Do not forget to apply this offset to all of the values you see in the table!

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,7640.msg78731/topicseen.html#msg78731

:idea: