TTS - '09 Bagger - Stage 1 - Gas Mileage Question

Started by mcouture, August 12, 2009, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcouture

Since installing the TTS, Zippers 3" hi-flow air cleaner and Wild Pig 1.75" baffled mufflers, I've done 4 Vtune sessions and applied and left it alone.  I am getting a constant 40-41 MPG on the highway (75MPH).

Is this in-line with what others are getting for mileage?   I am using 781 for the CLB table.  No other tweaks from the standard stage 1 TTS calibration file(other than what Vtune did).....

Rider57

Your doing good.
I am getting 42-43MPG with the same basic setup.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

Blackbaggr

I'm getting worse on my 07 EGC. I'm gonna retune when I get some time to play....

I will say than even though my mileage could be better, the bike has never run so good !

Blackbaggr

Also...I forgot to mention I'm running 739 CLBs.

WVULTRA

mc:

Running 778 CLBs in a PS176 map, and getting a bit over 40mpg.

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

mcouture

Excellent.  Sounds like I am right in the ballpark then.

I agree, excluding the gas mileage, my bike is running so much better now it is unbelievable!     

frydaddy96

How did you guys get your CLB's to 739 or 778?  I can only get the value to change in units of 20.  742 is the closest to 739 it will go.  Did the amount of unit change get set to 20 in the latest update?  Even if I set it to change by 'x' percent, it changes in multiples of 20.   TIA

HD/Wrench

Different cals move  differently, and did you alter the amount of change to 1 unit on the top??

HarleyFranco

If you have excel, open a spreadsheet and type in the value you want, then copy it.  Open MasterTune and click on the cell you want to change and paste the value.  It should work.

Frank

frydaddy96

Thanks for the info!  It looks like different maps are allowed to operate in different ways.  I did the excel cut & paste(739) and when it pastes in to the touring map it gets changed to 742.  If resetting the % change, it changes it by 20, 40, etc depending on the % chosen and the mv number.  The tuning guide says min resolution is 20mv but I would think you could still input what ever number you would want.

WVULTRA

fry:

As GMR stated above, different cals will only allow certain settings in the CLB tables.  For instance, I was after 782 but the PS176 map will only allow 778 which is close enough!

Once you get the CLB table entries "close" to the setting you want, select the 1 unit and increase/decrease until your as close to your desired setting as possible.

Again, this will be close enough.

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

Steve Cole

Different operating systems use different calculations for the voltage. So what you will find is that they will be different by a small amount. You cannot put in what you want because of this, but it will be close enough.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.