May 03, 2024, 07:23:08 AM

News:

Nightrider Ied and Xied

Started by chiefster23, November 18, 2008, 05:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefster23

My bike is an 07 Ultra with Rush mufflers and a Stage 1 download,  Last spring I installed the Ied's that change the A/F ratio to 14.2.  The bike was running fine but I was trying to get rid of some of the god-awful heat coming off the engine.  After installation the bike continued to run fine but I really didn't notice any change in the heat problem.  I see now that Nightrider has additional products that richen the A/F ratio down into the low 13's.  Anybody here use them?  Do they work?  I'm still looking to reduce engine heat.    Another thing.  When I bought the bike the dealer installed the mufflers and the Stage 1 download but DID NOT install the SE air cleaner.  Said the bike would run too lean and have problems so he recommended just the mufflers with the download and so far the bike has run fine.  Would installing Xied's maybe allow me to run the hi-flow air cleaner AND  also help improve my egg-frying heat problem?

dartman

November 18, 2008, 06:45:24 AM #1 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:47:33 AM by dartman
I ran both on my 07 CVO Ultra, The bike had a little more power at low speeds with the XIED's but I liked the way it ran better at low speeds with the ied's both cut down on operating temperatures noticeably, big air cooled engines do throw off a good amount of heat, I ran the air cleaner on mine 13.8 is just fine for stage 1. Im waiting for Nightrider to market a set for the 09's.