April 27, 2024, 01:16:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Just pulled the trigger

Started by x52gnr, August 14, 2009, 12:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x52gnr

Just bought a 09 Vrod  in theblack ice / blue ice custom color. Dealer here doesnt sell alot of them so I got it below msrp plus no extra for the security and abs or dealer prep....  :smilep: This will be the stable mate to my 07 Ultra in the garage. Will be picking up Sat am and I cant wait. I liked the special and the muscle but the seating posistion etc on this model seemed more suited to long distance and my back....Looking forward to putting it through the paces...Hmmm  wonder how long it will stay stock....
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

x52gnr

Quite the echo over here....Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooow    :emsad:
2012 Heritage Softail

rbonner

So how did the bike work out?  Obviously HTT isn't a mondo VR site... BOB
79 FXEF-80, 97 DSCC, 07 FLHT, 05 Chopper

x52gnr

Wound up getting the muscle, all I can say is I love the bike. Its a great garage mate to the Ultra
2012 Heritage Softail

rbonner

November 12, 2009, 03:27:02 PM #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 03:31:24 PM by rbonner
You know there X52gnr, there's nothing like a little variety in the garage.  Good to hear you got the Muscle.  I'd buy one if the chick came with it.

Seriously both my son and I rode the bike for about 15 miles.  I looked her over close, they added a lot of weight to the bike over my "R" and left you with almost no way to take it off and keep the bike looking good.  There's now a "V" bike that appeals to an Ultra driver.  She's not very dainty; kinda like a fast attack sub with a Road Zeppelin Seat.  HA  I think we are getting a look at a new generation of Express Cruisers to come.  The replacement for Buell models that have bags and stuff.  Eric Buell finally told Daddy to take a hike and he was building his own bikes...  That leaves the poorly selling but hugely powerful "V" models to fill that gap.  The future will be interesting.

Please keep me advised as to how the bike is settling in.  Us guys who have V-rod models are few and far between here.

BOB
79 FXEF-80, 97 DSCC, 07 FLHT, 05 Chopper