May 04, 2024, 09:29:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS

Started by happyman, August 15, 2009, 06:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

Took my bike to the shop for a bit of tweeking.  Seems  my tuner cannot find the 02 sensors.   he wants to see how manyu volts  they are running..
Seems to be an issue with the AFR so trying to see if they are ok.. i did replace them when i did this build a couple thousand miles ago.
When the bike is on the Dyno at a steady 60 MPH and looking at the afr its all over the place.
One second its at 13.1 the next its at 14.5 and bacck and forth all over the place...Any good ideas would be appreciated.
though we could view the sensors voltage by opening the Dater Master,select, Record  Data under Data type Heading, select generic02 Data and get bike warm. should gather dataand after a  little timenot sure how much should be able to see the  02 sensors light.   its looking like they light but cannopt figure out how to see the voltage. but the AFR  tell the tuner something is  not right.
Any help on this is appreciated
Thanks   
Happyman

WVULTRA

happyman:

Here's an example of the O2 sensors coming on line which was done as you noted using Data Master and selecting Generic O2 Data:

O2 Sensor Front & Rear Voltage is shown, as you can see, in the Data Parameters.

If your Tuner is using Data Master to record V-Tune Data, IIRC, the O2 Sensor voltage will not show during recording or playback.

:beer:

'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

happyman

Quote from: WVULTRA on August 15, 2009, 07:49:00 PM
happyman:

Here's an example of the O2 sensors coming on line which was done as you noted using Data Master and selecting Generic O2 Data:

O2 Sensor Front & Rear Voltage is shown, as you can see, in the Data Parameters.

If your Tuner is using Data Master to record V-Tune Data, IIRC, the O2 Sensor voltage will not show during recording or playback.

:beer:

thanks    for the info!!

happyman

well the tuner is  still having issues with tuning  my bike..Did  i think 4 differant  v tunes and cannot get the  afr  to work correct when downloading. has  used  3 differant pumps on the  dyo and all read the same   ever use a wide band and  narrow band    and they all tell the same story..   
Another question is, should the mv start at say 900 mv and  if you run it on the dyno at a steady speed say 60 mp   shoulod the    mv  stay steady or should the bounce  back and forth..   
Alo cannot get the afr  to  go down   no matter what the setting, like say  467 or any other setting it goes from 13.1 to 15.1. its never steady  just all over back and forth..  i did  install new 02 sensors  a cojuple thousand miles ago  just to have new ones as bout everything else was replaced. the tuner   tried to contact    the number provided on the disc and  is not haveing any luck. 
regardless its  frustrating to say the least for him.      all ideas  are welcome , i am not very good at  explaining this  but i think i have it pretty close.
Thanks   happy

Blackbaggr

Did you replace the sensors with the EXACT same type that came with the bike ?

happyman

Quote from: dsanchez on August 18, 2009, 05:33:48 PM
Did you replace the sensors with the EXACT same type that came with the bike ?

absolutely,,

Herko

"One second its at 13.1 the next its at 14.5 and bacck and forth all over the place..."
"...it goes from 13.1 to 15.1."

I assume these readings of fluctuation are from a Dyno sniffer?
If so, curious what brand?
This Dyno sniffer may have some issues.

Has the sniffer been checked for accuracy, proper functionality and calibration as of late?
Single reading? Separate F&R readings?
Bosch sniffer sensors in the headpipe ports or copper sampling tube?
If copper tube...properly placed and with out impairments?
Vacuum source of good integrity?

Per the fluctuations noted...what's the averaging rate set to?
Are these fluctuations at a steady RPM/TPS?

Also, just because one sets the CLB to a specific voltage doesn't mean that the related AFR will be immediately realized.
The VE's have to be brought into a corresponding value either manually or automatically.

Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Steve Cole

Happyman

Not sure if it was your tuner I talked with today but he was supposed to get some information and get back with me, the information he gave me made no sense at all. He never did so I assume he figured out what he was doing incorrectly. If not have him give me a call in the morning 310-669-8101
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

happyman

i am only able to relay just a little info as i am not the tuner. i passed along what i  can remember and not being familar with this  its  not easy to recall what has been done or said.  yes the fluctuations are froma  dyno.
as far as issues i recall him saying  he has three differant  pumps  and checked the all and all read wihin a tenth or so of being dead   on the same.. if he runs open loop and  forces the afr down it will run steady afr at say 60 mph. like say  13.1 or 13.5 or any other  setting for that matter.
not sure how  he does it but he said its accurate and the dyno is all up to date and well  maintained. he has a couple closed loop  pumps and a  wide band band pump all  read the same. in closed loop the afr is all over the place and the   mv   is as stated   all over the place too.   separate  F/R readings also.
copper  sampling tube also. and if we measure its wel placed and has always or does work  withj other devices.everything is   good  to be able to  read correctly,
once again fluctuations are a steady  say 60 mph.
also have   changed  cbl a few times just to see and also did  several differant v-tunes  to no avail..
i did contact Doc on  this and says its   the way it is so don't get panicky. we are not panicked just trying to figure out what is what  and sounds like  what is going on is normal.
thanks   Herko  for your  input  .    maybe    
Quote from: Steve Cole on August 18, 2009, 06:26:29 PM
Happyman

Not sure if it was your tuner I talked with today but he was supposed to get some information and get back with me, the information he gave me made no sense at all. He never did so I assume he figured out what he was doing incorrectly. If not have him give me a call in the morning 310-669-8101

happyman

Quote from: Steve Cole on August 18, 2009, 06:26:29 PM
Happyman

Steve ,                                                                                                                                          The tuner did call you. nobody answered.. not sure what time it was but was before 5 pm here/ and i think that would have been if the case,  3 your time i think if your in ca. i don;t know a thing about tuning with these tuners but  only what i am told if i can remember  that ..   no biggie  and i am sure we will get the issue resolved. i will  tell him   to call you and i think that was his plan. 

thanks    happy