May 04, 2024, 04:52:38 AM

News:

Power Commander V

Started by obwan22, August 16, 2009, 02:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obwan22

August 16, 2009, 02:04:41 AM Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:18:40 AM by obwan22
I would like to throw this out there. I have a Sporty 1200 Custom, 2009 and I put on a pair of drag pipes with 1" Baffles. Now at low RPMs it will sputter. It idles nice, has plenty of get up and go, and runs beautifully at high RPMs, but around 1000 - 1500 RPMs it sputters and misses a bit. Sometimes it seems to be okay at all Speeds.  I did some research and found a device called a Power Commander V, with an Auto-Tuner. $700+ bucks though. I think that I am running bad because I changed the exhaust and I need to re tune the engine. Does anyone know anything about this device? Please give me your feedback. Good or bad.

Thanks,   :cry: :gob: :up:
Paul Aube Jr
DA Civ
TACOM, US Army Korea

wolf_59

Never used the PC-V
A freind used the X-IED's on his Nightster w/Heavy breather and X back pipes and it runs great other than a slight ping when in the mid 90's
I have used the PC-III usb and TTS Mastertune, I prefer the TTS

FLTRI

Needs a proper tune. No canned mapping will be correct enough to be good at all rpm/tps.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

obwan22

Thanks for the input. When I get the parts, (PC V, Auto-tuner, Intake system, Plugs and wires) I will let you all know if I was successful or not. :pop: :soda:
Paul Aube Jr
DA Civ
TACOM, US Army Korea