April 27, 2024, 01:19:24 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

DNA SPRINGER

Started by hbkeith, November 18, 2008, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbkeith

lookin at a DNA SPRINGER with there brake caliper kit,notice brake is on right side.my 86FXSTC is on left,will my stock 21in wheel and rotor work with that if i just flip wheel around the other way?

stroker800

Yes it will work....The rim and hub don't care which way they travel....The only thing that would matter if there is an offset hub.....
Dave

hbkeith

tinkerman

I think stroker is referring to the possibility of a hub not being centered relative to the rim. If that was the case then your disc would likely be out of line with the caliper when flipping the wheel.

The other thing I would consider when flipping the wheel is tire rotation. I am one of those fellows thats wants his front wheel rotation (ya know that little arrow on the side wall) running the correct way the same as the back. I have heard fellows argue that it isn't so important if it's not the driven wheel but I happen to be on the other side of that arguement.

Just food for thought.

tinkerman
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003