April 27, 2024, 04:04:32 AM

News:

New guy from San Diego

Started by 04glide, November 01, 2008, 06:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04glide

Well I have been reading about this new forum for a little while now and Im happy to be a member. I did a lot of reading on the other site and could never join due to some strange problem. I have lived here in San Diego for all of my 45 years and been riding some kind of bike for about 35 of those. The wife and I own a bar here in town although it's up for sale now due to the dieing economy. I also work for a DOD contractor out of SPAWAR here in town. I drive a truck for them and love every minute of it. I am a H-D tech junkie so I plan on spending  a lot of time on here. Im always up for new ideas for the scoot. 

Scooter1-2putt

Welcome 04glide!!!Good to see another California brother on board!!

Scooter
Z

Dynawhite

I guess La Mesa would be close enough to you to be a neighbor so howdy neighbor.

04glide

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am down here in the northern most suburb of Tiajuana. Good old Chula Vista. I have a sister in La Mesa. When and if I get my bar sold I moving out into the hills of east county. Maybe Ramona or Julian. I am sick and tired of the rat race here in town.

psycho

im from escondido and work in sandiego, so i geuss we are all nieghbors, 37 and lived here all my life

Shadowdog

Hi 04 et al,

Welcome from Oceanside,

Shadowdog.
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

Killer

Welcome 04glide, I loved the riding in San Diego. I was stationed at NAS Miramar for 5 years in the Mid-Eighties. I think there is no better riding,  in my opinion. I could easily spend 4 -6 hours a day blasting up into the mountains and back down the canyons.
Working second-shift most of my life... Has it's advantages, As I really like riding in the morning.
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

04glide

I know what you mean killer. I am at 68,000 miles on this scoot and ride everyday. It's my main transportation. No better place for riding IMHO.

FLH124

Hello SOCAL
................from Ventura County.

harpo1313

welcome from the east coast,cape cod

TKool

I am from San Diego also. Retired from SPAWARSYSCEN 4 years ago. Been in San Diego 43 years and riding over 47 years. Can't beat the riding.

04glide

Quote from: TKool on November 04, 2008, 08:05:10 AM
I am from San Diego also. Retired from SPAWARSYSCEN 4 years ago. Been in San Diego 43 years and riding over 47 years. Can't beat the riding.

I work out of the yard on Sports Arena Blvd. Everyone else is over in Bldg 2 on Pacific hwy. Trandes Corp. Man it's a small world sometimes.

shelleybelle_43

;DHello from Canyon Lake, near Temecula.

1JITSU1

Hay from the other side. We are in Huntington Long Island
Nice to here from you. Have a nice time here
1JITSU1

Glide-Rider

Welcome, I gave up the rat race of San Diego and now live in Warner Springs...  Nice and quiet..... Welcome to the board

Pete
Pete
Warner Springs Ca.

04glide

Hey Glide-Rider, Man you dug up an old thread. I ride out through Warner Springs once in a while. It is nice and peaceful out there. I ended up moving out to El Cajon a few months back. I love it out here. I'm a lot closer to the mountains and can be out of the city in just a few minutes. I live on the north east end of town.
Some day I will move farther out but I couldn't find any place to live out any farther east. All I found was a bunch of over priced shacks.

Glide-Rider

My parents lived in Fletcher Hills...  Small world...  Lots of good riding in the East County...  Lots of good riding here in Warner Springs...  We will have to get together one day for a ride.. 
Pete
Warner Springs Ca.

jonelson57

HELLO NEW GUY FROM DEIGO I TOO JUST INROLLIN THIS VENTURE AND AM ALSO A NEIOR I AM FROM THE BIG O.C. BUT HEAD OUT OF TOWN EVERY CHANCE I GET I RIDE A 05 SUPER AND HAVE PUT 20,000 ON IT IN ABOUT EIGHT MONTHS HAD A 08 SPORTY BEFORE THIS BUT COULDNT STAND IT ON THE FREEWAYS I ONLY RODE IT100 MILES AND TRADED IT IN NOTHING WRONG WITH IT JUST DIDNT CARE FOR THE SIZE.