May 04, 2024, 02:58:25 AM

News:

Vtune session will it work

Started by flhtci2006, August 20, 2009, 12:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhtci2006

I'm thinking of going out of town this weekend and am still tuning after the TTS install.  My plan is to pack the laptop in the tour pack and drive up north, about a 1 1/2 hour trip going up and down in the hills.  Then, stop and load the new generated map and continue the rest of the way, 45 minutes of the same type of road.  If necessary, I could repeat this on the trip back.  Does this sound like a good way to do the tune sessions?  I don't have a monitor but I will mark the throttle or throttle %.

2006 98" TTS modified with O2 sensors and in closed loop.  All settings per the manual and the CLB is at 781.  Used stock injector setting but set to 103" motor.

Steve Cole

I think that 1 1/2 hours will be more than what most laptops will last taking data. You could break it up into smaller sections say 45 min. each and do better I believe.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

FLTRI

To add to Steve's remark, the key is to hit all the available loads/rpms not the amount of time spent on a ride.
Going up and down hills will be better than sitting on the freeway or putting through town.
It can only tune where it has been and it must be there for a bit of time to learn/change the VEs.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

flhtci2006

My laptop is good for over two hours so it isn't an issue.  Plus, at one point I was gonna get a bit of a charge.  I will break the first part up into 45 minute segments.  I assume tuning will not be an issue even tho the altitude goes from 1000 to 7700 feet?  MAP should handle that.

nc-renegade

Quote from: flhtci2006 on August 20, 2009, 04:30:35 PM
My laptop is good for over two hours so it isn't an issue.  Plus, at one point I was gonna get a bit of a charge.  I will break the first part up into 45 minute segments.  I assume tuning will not be an issue even tho the altitude goes from 1000 to 7700 feet?  MAP should handle that.

The key is to hit the different RPM, TPS and MAP values and holding it long enough for the software to get a good count.  I like to tune on the hills here in NC and then go out on the highway, this let's me hit a lot of combinations.  I do use a monitor mounted in a RAM mount, which helps a lot.

Not sure about the elevation question, IMO someone like Steve Cole would be the best one to answer how and when the Delphi EFU measures the altitude.  I have heard it only takes this reading when first turned on and when the engine is not running, it then uses this reading to make VE corrections.  Others know the intimate details of the EFU should be able to answer this.  (It has been asked here before and I have not seen a definitive answer yet)
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

7hogs

Do you have to have a computer hooked up to the bike to record and apply changes or does the ECU records these and when you stop you hook up to the bike then apply changes?

Or does the software allow the ECU to record and apply changes?

I am trying to understand how the system works.

Thanks,

FLTRI

The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

hollywood63

Any one know if V Tune can us a PDA to record data?