April 27, 2024, 12:42:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Seen This?

Started by FLH, November 19, 2008, 04:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohio-rider

Wow.... 40k and no title. Reserve not met with 15 minutes left.  :down:

4DWUDS

Auction over at $55K. and reserve still not met.  Yep WAY outa my range.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

chris haynes

55 G's and reserve not met. Now he is talkin' to a friend of mine about tradin' it for his 1912 H-D.
NRA Member
Costco Member
Iron Butt Association Member I can't Re Member

Ultrashovel

November 23, 2008, 09:23:44 AM #4 Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:11:52 PM by Ultrashovel
That's a nice restoration but even 55K is a lot of jack these days. I wonder what his reserve was? While the early HD's are pricey, not too many of them bring that kind of money. Good luck to him, though. I fit were mine, I'd just drain it and put it in my living room.  LOL

The lack of a title shouldn't be an impediment to a collector assuning that the motor number doesn't show up as having been reported stolen, which would be doubtful. I used to worry about things like missing titles but if the bike and price are right, you can do some checking with your local DMV prior to making your purchase and then go ahead if all is well. The DMV in California will issue a title with a bill of sale (preferably notarized) if you state that the title is missing. Then, if the bike doesn't show as stolen, they will then issue a title once a peace officer has verified the VIN number on a DMV form. I've done this process and the key to making it work is a good bill of sale and nothing stolen.