May 01, 2024, 06:27:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

103" and clutches

Started by Flat Dog, November 19, 2008, 12:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flat Dog

Has anyone else noticed that the power xfer on a 103" is not what it really should be...that the snap is just not there? I know going to the SE spring on my setup would help a little, but it seems like the stock clutch on the Ultra is just soft. Anyone else have this experience, or am I losing the rest of my 4 marbles?

tireater

I have VPC's on both my bikes...Easy pull and no slip...With energy one discs...No slip here ! ... :up:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

mtnmotorrider

John:  I put a SE clutch spring and Energy One 10 disk kevlar friction/steel set in my 103 and it holds great.  No slippage showing on the dyno at 107 FPT.  Clutch handle pull is just a little bit more than stock, but no problem at all.  Toyal price:  about $150.
I like most dogs better than most people.

Flat Dog

Does this get you that tire chirp/burnout on demand kind of power transfer? :)

Tattoo

"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

Flat Dog

Yep-had one on my Heritage..got it from AIM.

HV

I installed them on all the Jims 120s I built... VPC is unbeatable !

Got all mine from our own HIPPO ...  :up: :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Faast Ed

I kept the VPC from my last bike and installed it on my 08 before putting more than five miles on it.

Never noticed anything soft about it when stock, nor after building the motor.
(Oops! have the pre 03 spring in there too). Was a Hippo recommended combo.
Solid bite with the ultralite pull. I'll never run anything else.
≡Faast Ed>

StreetKing

Could someone please explain the VPC set up.  Thanks

rigidthumper

November 20, 2008, 05:02:18 AM #9 Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:18:42 AM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Flat Dog

StreetKing-more or less the principle is the higher the revs, the higher the torque transfer. 2500+ RPM and your torque transfer climbs.

mtnmotorrider

I don't do burnouts, but I have lifted the front tire with this set up, and I'm sure it would smoke the tire too.  I try to take it easy on the stock crank set and nor sissor the pin.
I like most dogs better than most people.

Arrowsmit

SE spring, E-1 extra plate kit, & VPC...it'll hold! :wink:

VicW.

09fltr

StreetKing

VPC stands for Variable Pressure Clutch. Go up a few threads and use the web address rigidthumper gave. Looks like a plan.

rigidthumper

I've used 'em for anything from stockers looking for easier lever pull ( I know,???, but it's the customers $) to 140HP+ big motors and they work well every time. I have an 03 spring and VP92T on my "08. Works great!
Robin
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

simondyna

I run a Rivera Engineering/Primo Pro-Clutch in my 124".

Cant speak highly enough of it. It works.

tdrglide

SE spring, E-1 extra plate kit, & VPC...it'll hold!

VicW.

Thats what I run