Cruise Control Installation for a Police Model??

Started by bill_snuffbucket, November 20, 2008, 09:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_snuffbucket

I want to intall cruise on a 2005 FLHRPI Road King Police model.  I got the HD cruise kit# 77197-04 that seemed appropriate.  My son and I decided it was a bit much to tackle.  (Miss my 65 FLH somedays!)  I then was told by several dealerships that it could not be installed as HD had no wiring and other "parts needed" available on the Police models  (Seems odd knowing they will end up on the general market) with costs approaching a $1000.   I checked a website "Cruisemount", but they had so many disclaimers I don't trust it. Can anyone lead me to a successful method for installation that will provide safe and reliable cruise, or am I just out of luck?

Rock4gzus

A friend and I installed cruise control on my 2001 Roadking using the Cruisemount product and specific HD parts they describe.   The project took us about 3 hours.  Everything plugged together nicely.  As they warn, be sure to determine that you have the right color wire(s) in your speedometer housing and check that your throttle body has the correct cable attachment lug before you purchase the Cruisemount harness.

I have been very pleased with the result.   :up: