Explain this Ebay sale to me. Is the buyer too lazy to go into the Dealership?

Started by NETacomaFatboy, September 11, 2009, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NETacomaFatboy

LOL!    I am sure all that have read this has thought,  "hmm..  maybe I should try to sell a few of them too".

Too much work to make 5 bucks.  Ha! Ha!

ViennaHog

Are you guys running out of fuel money or is the weather already that bad? This thread does not even qualify for November-February boredom time killer............

NETacomaFatboy

ViennaHog

RDKing07

Look at the bid history on that item.  Looks like he bid it up on his own and lured in a one time sucker then out bid him.  Geeeeeez

hotroadking

local dealer here is only giving them to people who buy a new bike.

I have an 09 bought from the same dealer and they won't even give me one , claim they don't have any....

It's a cost thing....

So they get no moola from me at the chrome counter, keep yer book I'll buy elsewhere.

joelp34252

You can ask the local dealer here all you want. He will tell you to go fu** yourself if you didnt buy your bike from him in the last couple years.

Joel 2001 FLHT

Skullfork

A few years back after my '05 RKC was stolen, I put the shop manual for it that you buy new for $60 up on ebay hoping to make 20 bucks, and I kid you not, it sold for $155. Two different bidders were fighting it out for it ...I was almost too embarrassed to ship it out to the dang fool ...

billneal

You know it might not be a bad deal.  Anytime I go to the dealer for something free I usually end up buying something I really didn't need anyway. :smileo:

northbrun

Evil, the guy that stole your bike is the one that bought your manual... he wanted the numbers to all match  :dgust:

Jim B.

Quote from: joelp34252 on September 13, 2009, 07:41:59 AM
You can ask the local dealer here all you want. He will tell you to go fu** yourself if you didnt buy your bike from him in the last couple years.

Joel 2001 FLHT

That dealer is obviously a follower of the "penny wise, pound foolish" approach. My local dealer (Santa Maria Harley Davidson) handed me the 2010 catalogue on the same day they received it. They also gave me one for my friend who lives across the street even though they know he bought his bike from a different dealer (Santa Barbara Harley Davidson). They have more than made up the cost of those 2 catalogues in the parts we have bought since getting them.

One4Tone

..the catalogue is the "silent salesman"...it saves the dealer time and money when a customer calls in with a part number...they pay very little for the books..but they return a mitfull of dollars...if someone wants to customise..they are also handy to know what year/parts...are compatible..years down the road they prove invaluable to someone who wants to customise with period correct parts...so why wouldn't they give 'em away..but according to  old George Jones..sometimes "you just can't give it away"... :missed:

seattledyna

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Sam45

Not everybody is 2 blocks from a dealer.  NO big deal really I will sell you mine for $5

Guitarplayer