May 09, 2024, 08:55:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Explain this Ebay sale to me. Is the buyer too lazy to go into the Dealership?

Started by NETacomaFatboy, September 11, 2009, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearheadfmc

Sucker born every minute..... someone will probably buy that free catalogue..........hahahahahahahahahahaha..

04glide

You know I have seen this kind of stuff before and always wondered WTF. The only thing I can think of is if you lived hundreds of miles from a dealer you might buy something like this to save you a long trip. Or maybe you are just an IDIOT.

Ultrashovel

I don't know. It might be a good deal if you really wanted one. I don't get one in the mail since I don't belong to HOG anymore. The local dealer went out of business so it's a 50 mile round trip to the nearest one for me, The truck gets 15 mpg and gas is $3.17.9 a gallon today. So, it would cost me that much to go and get a "free: catalog not to mention about three hours of my time. .

It all depends on one's situation as to wherher something is or is not worthwhile. Even an idiot knows the price of gasoline.  :potstir:

ViennaHog

Ed Y

Quote from: ViennaHog on September 12, 2009, 01:18:27 AM
Link on HD website for a FREE download...............

Can you post that link??? I've looked all over and can't find it. Even the "site map" showed me nothing.

Ed Y

02roadcling

geez Ed Y, its not nice to back out of an ebay deal. now that poor fellow wont get your $ after all the work he did.  :hyst:
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Rags722

Quote from: Ultrashovel on September 11, 2009, 11:47:30 PM
The local dealer went out of business so it's a 50 mile round trip to the nearest one for me, The truck gets 15 mpg and gas is $3.17.9 a gallon today. So, it would cost me that much to go and get a "free: catalog not to mention about three hours of my time. .  

Maybe I'm just being foolish, but whats wrong with taking a nice 175 mile ride to the dealer 25 miles from home? Heck, the old "Honey, I'll be back in 4 hours, there's something at the dealer I have to pick up" yelled as you head for the back door seems like a win/win situation.  Now, if the closest dealer was 250 miles, well, thats an all day trip.
Rags

RVN73

Closest dealer for me is about 120 miles one way. I would take a ride if I wanted a free book.

tbird

The dealer nearest you will probably be more than happy to mail you one for free. A couple of years ago I thought that my dealer, 20 miles away hadn't sent my annual edition. So I called and whined and they sent one right out.  A week later I had a new one and found the first one they had sent in the downstairs shithouse. Then I had 2. So now I pick up an extra each year so there's one in each shitter.

harleyjt

Quote from: 04glide on September 11, 2009, 11:29:54 PM
You know I have seen this kind of stuff before and always wondered WTF. The only thing I can think of is if you lived hundreds of miles from a dealer you might buy something like this to save you a long trip. Or maybe you are just an IDIOT.

Not really - all you gotta do is call Harley and they are happy to mail you one for a small handling fee - used to be $3 as I recall.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

hardyheadscom

hardy heads the best...boy I guess

One4Tone

..sears has no issue sending out catalogues..so why would harley..there is a possibility that the seller intended to sell to international markets where availability may be limited..or it could be that he got a couple of them...realized after a couple of suds that they are the same page for page so he don't need two of them..and he's trying to get cash for more brewskeys..we have a guiy like that around here..says he likes to read books with lots a characters so we gave him a phone book...free no charge... :rtfb:

xlr853

Panzer

Quote from: tbird on September 12, 2009, 07:58:18 AM
The dealer nearest you will probably be more than happy to mail you one for free. A couple of years ago I thought that my dealer, 20 miles away hadn't sent my annual edition. So I called and whined and they sent one right out.  A week later I had a new one and found the first one they had sent in the downstairs shithouse. Then I had 2. So now I pick up an extra each year so there's one in each shitter.

Ah ha, I'll bet your the one selling it.
Ok.....I'll bid $12.00......final offer. :smilep:
If it stinks......me pass. :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

specialx1

acutally  Jam is the one bidding on it according to Panzer  :smiled:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

Dennis The Menace

Better save all ya can....we're gonna need some readin material in the shed this winter.  Anyone get the SE catalog yet?

menace

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Rags722

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on September 12, 2009, 03:00:48 PM
Better save all ya can....we're gonna need some readin material in the shed this winter.  Anyone get the SE catalog yet?

menace

Funny you should ask about the SE book.  If you look at the OTHER auctions this guy has, he is also selling a 2010 SE book and a 2010 Buell book.

02roadcling

1 guy keeps bidding a few nickles at a time and then some other dude bid a couple cents. then the regular bidder again. sounds like he has another name, lol. noone wants his other stuff either but he has over 2000 deals made. weirsd.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

hogpipes1

All i get in the mail from dealer is there motor clothes (worthless to me ) cat. 2 dealers 8mi  either way from  me which i have bought  3 new bikes from both each over the yrs . asked why no new parts cat . 1 has the balls to say i need to buy a new bike, other wanted to charge $5.  So i can see why e bay might be less of a hassle than the BS some dealers give you so they can save a few $ $$ on the cost of  giving them free. they only get my bus.when i need a part now, dealer 60 miles away gives me 20% off ships free and no sales tax.so the local dealers screwed themselves.

Tsani

ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier