April 27, 2024, 07:41:16 AM

News:

What year knuck is recommend?

Started by ViennaHog, September 12, 2009, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViennaHog

I am pondering to buy and ride a Knucklehead as a second or third bike and for partial use as a display model in a shop. I do like the 1947/48 FL models with the single seat. As I don't know nothing about these bikes what would you guys recommend? How much would be a bike in good cosmetic and running condition? Is there a good and reliable source for such bikes?

TIA

Ultrashovel

Quote from: ViennaHog on September 12, 2009, 08:13:03 AM
I am pondering to buy and ride a Knucklehead as a second or third bike and for partial use as a display model in a shop. I do like the 1947/48 FL models with the single seat. As I don't know nothing about these bikes what would you guys recommend? How much would be a bike in good cosmetic and running condition? Is there a good and reliable source for such bikes?

TIA

Complete ones of any year as rare as hens' teeth, 1936 to 1947. 1948 was Panhead. If you get a Knucklehead that's complete up to 1947, be prepared to shell out some serious money...I can't even guess....$25K? You can find choppers and cut up ones that maybe used to be real Knuckleheads but the real thing is the Holy Grail.

hd76fxlr

October 08, 2009, 07:45:53 PM #2 Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:51:55 PM by hd76fxlr
I HAVE A 1936 KNUCKLEHEAD THAT IS NOT ORIGINAL, BUT WAS BUILT TO LOOK LIKE ONE. ALL PARTS ARE KNUCKLE ERA. I BOUGHT THIS FROM AN ELDERLY GENTLEMAN 25 YEARS AGO. I DROVE 1000 MILES TO BUY IT FROM HIM IN EL RENO OKLAHOMA,AND AT THAT TIME HE WAS PROBABLY AROUND 80 ISH. PEOPLE SAY THAT THE ENGINE CASES ARE NOT 36 ORIGINAL. SO I AM TAKING BEST OFFERS FOR THIS BIKE, AND HAVE CLEAR TITLE.

JamLazyAss

Quote from: hd76fxlr on October 08, 2009, 07:45:53 PM
I HAVE A 1936 KNUCKLEHEAD THAT IS NOT ORIGINAL, BUT WAS BUILT TO LOOK LIKE ONE. ALL PARTS ARE KNUCKLE ERA. I BOUGHT THIS FROM AN ELDERLY GENTLEMAN 25 YEARS AGO. I DROVE 1000 MILES TO BUY IT FROM HIM IN EL RENO OKLAHOMA,AND AT THAT TIME HE WAS PROBABLY AROUND 80 ISH. PEOPLE SAY THAT THE ENGINE CASES ARE NOT 36 ORIGINAL. SO I AM TAKING BEST OFFERS FOR THIS BIKE, AND HAVE CLEAR TITLE.

:wwp:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...