May 10, 2024, 06:16:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Keihin Carb spitting and sputtering.

Started by whadam, September 13, 2009, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whadam

I have a question that involves a Keihin carb. It is on a Honda rancher 350. I figured since the same type of carb is on a Harley you guys could help me better than some inexperienced people on a Honda site. It does not have a accelerator pump, or at least the pump is not connected to the throttle linkage. It has a knob on the opposite side of the linkage that you push by hand that acts the same way as a accelerator pump. Why that is I do not know. If you feather the throttle it will rev up fine, but if you get on it hard it will pop and sputter real bad. I took off the air box to clean the carb to see if that helped, but the problem still exists. When I put the carb back on I left the air box off so I could witness the slide's movement. It has a slide setup just like a Harley's. Upon acceleration the slide jumped up and down. I reached in to stop the slides movement up. If I did that the throttle responce seemed to improve dramatically. Help me out guys. Is the slide moving to much? It does not move as smoothly as my Sportster. Also, this problem started after the four wheeler was swamped. We just put in a rebuild kit, but the problem still exists.

hogpipes1

low speed circuit is lean, if it has a idle mix screw take it out  (watch for spring & o ring) shoot some carb cleaner in, screw in , back out 2 turns, fine tune with screw 1/1-4  2 turns out. no adj. idle screw. can of sea foam carb cleaner  in the tank should do it right.also ck for water in gas tank.