Cam plate question on "A" type motor versus "B" motor

Started by itsafatboy, November 20, 2008, 04:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

I guess this was changed but on a 04 "A" motor do i need to plug that middle hole in the cam plate that is used to feed the balancers on a "B" motor just want to make sure thanks .

ederdelyi

No. The -04 "A" motor has a boss in the crankcase that matches the feed hole for the balancer feed port on the "B" motor. Just be sure that the o ring is in place on the crankcase boss on the "A" motor.

Ultrashovel

Quote from: itsafatboy on November 20, 2008, 04:31:37 PM
I guess this was changed but on a 04 "A" motor do i need to plug that middle hole in the cam plate that is used to feed the balancers on a "B" motor just want to make sure thanks .
[/quote

What ederdelyi said. That screw is only used when replacing the camplate on a very early 1999 TC with a later -99A plate. As you know, the plate was changed to accomodate the oil pressure system for the "B" motors when they cam out in 2000.  In order to make only one camplate for all three motors (early 99, 2000 and later A and B motors) they provided a plug kit. If you plug that hole on the later camplates for any motor other than an early '99, the camplate won't go down properly.