April 27, 2024, 12:20:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S IST ignition ?

Started by harleytoprock, November 20, 2008, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytoprock

I'm thinking of trying the S&S IST ignition. Can anyone, who has used this, comment on what they think of it? I am worried that the ping sensor might be overly active because of misc. noise and vibration and may retard the ignition less than optimum. I'm not needing to max out HP but I would like to get the most out of street riding with no ping or adjusting. All input is appreciated. Thanks

y2kflhr

I have one that I bought off of a member of vtf, I put it in my 2000 road king, it ran ok didn't have detonation, I spoke with s&s because it was an older unit and wanted to get the firmware updated, I sent it back to them and got it updated last spring, and never put it back in. I am selling the RK, so I would be willing to make a deal on it. I have heard great things but just went with a daytona tt, because I got a new carb and that's what the tuner wanted to tune the bike with.

f-x-d-w-g

I had one on my 2000 FXDX and it worked just fine.  When I sold the bike, I put the stock ignition back in and sold the IST to a member of this board.  No complaints from him.
Dan
Tijeras, NM

JerseyT

Have used on a 120 Merch and now an S&S 113.  Worked exactly as advertised for me.  Would certainly use again.