May 03, 2024, 03:23:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

battery

Started by oldhippie765, November 21, 2008, 09:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhippie765

what is the highest cranking amp battery that will fit a 83flhtc? when i bought this bike last may it was supposed to be a new batt. exide. wasn't real impressed even through warm weather. :smile: rex

fx4me2

I have always had long lasting batteries by Interstate ,not to bad price wise, Had one exide that only lasted two years, I'll never buy one of them again
J.P. 1980 fxef

randallwhitman

Rex.....If you can get a HD AGM battery to fit, they're the greatest.  Last about four years and zero maintenance.  I converted my FL shovel to take an FX battery, and I've never looked back.   :wink:
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

fergy1940

Try Sears Diehard AGM.350 cold mine is 5 years old.
Fergy
I'm bored.

biker3r

Ive had pretty good luck with the Interstate, 3 yrs and still going pretty strong , dont remember what the cca is, it cranks good

Mule

I have the oddesey PC 680 ,five years plus and still going. No acid to spill, good cranking amps. You might help out your cold cranking by installing some new high load  cables..... Mule...

stroker800

Also run an Oddysey battery,,,,can be monted in any position and not affected by vibration,,,,,although kinda pricey
Dave

Lew

Odyssey has my vote.  Top quality in every way.  I've had mine for four seasons now without a problem one.  It cured all my battery woes and I'll never go back.
Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-