April 28, 2024, 11:42:17 AM

News:

Just a few questions?

Started by Mopar, September 23, 2009, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar

I have a street glide but I'm looking for another bike also. I would like to go water cooled so I've been thinking V-rod. I've never ridden a V-rod. Do all the different models have the same sitting position? Are the handle bars the same? My local dealer has a V-Rod muscle. I sat on it. The bars seem short and low. how do the other models compare?

harborjohn

I have a 03 V-Rod (A model) with sundowner seat....and a 07 Ultra. Bikes are completly different. The V-rod has short narrow low bars and of course my ultra is similar to your street glide....I have spent mant 500 mile days on the V-rod and it is very comfortable after you get used to the gust of wind that wants to blow you off the bike at higher speeds. The forward controls make the the Vrod comfortable because you get to spread your legs out. Im 5-8 220lbs and the bike feels comfortable unlike the ultra where i feel confined...I dont know how you taller guys can be comfotable on certain bikes.

x52gnr

I have an 09 Muscle and an 07 Ultra. I love the looks of the muscle and it actually is quite comfortable to ride. I wish the bars were about 1 inch higher but overall I am very pleased. I did add the HD quick detach windshield and I know that risers to put different bars are in the works by gmr performance. ! am 5' 10" and 250lbs or so. Test ride one if you can,gobs of power and a 9k redline...a blast to ride. I have found though I get snubbed by other HD riders when I am on the V-Rod and actually get thumbs up from the metric sport bike riders.... :up:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

bcrichard

I have an '08 VRSCAW, I am 5' 8", 155 lbs. I find the seating position perfect for me, I can sit back and have my arms straight out to the bars or lean forward, there is a variety of positions I can get comfortable in. The bars on the Night Rod special are lower and when I test rode one they seem to only fit me in one position (clam shell) which felt ok during my short test ride but I didn't think I would be as comfortable on it on a long ride. The bars and seat are different on the Muscle but I haven't rode one so I don't know how that set up feels.

rbonner

Every single model in the HD line has a different feel and configuration.  Let alone the feel within a model line.

The only way to figure out what you like is go to a LARGER Dealer and demo ride.  But there is no way you are going to climb from a dresser to a V-Rod and feel the same feel.  I would sure hope not anyway or your V-Rod is broke bad.

I've got just about 1 of every line in the stable here, every one of the bikes is a top flight ride, but NONE of them feel alike other than quality...  Hey half the fun in life is a Harley Demo Days and an afternoon riding 10 different bikes.  I've now rode every version of the V-Rod and still like my "R"  I'm just sorry the resale on them is poorest of the line.  I have the first one our MEGA dealer sold, and they barely got rid of their other ones.  Most got bags and windshields.  That's like the most retarded thing I ever saw.

BOB
79 FXEF-80, 97 DSCC, 07 FLHT, 05 Chopper