New Screamin Eagle "Maximum Velocity Area" CNC ported Heads

Started by noliners, November 21, 2008, 12:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noliners

Anyone try these new heads yet? They have 2.125 intakes. p/n# 16925-08. Might try on a 113 build..
131 Roadking "No Replacement for Displacement"

Don D

Lots of luck. I can't understand how they can use the term velocity in the title?? With valves as large as R&R uses in their 155" motors.  :crook:
My money would be spent on reworked stockers with 1.94 intakes and 1.6 exhaust valves and properly sized flowed ports. Even the OEM CVO 110 heads would be a better starting point reworked IMO, but I admit both that I have not personally tried the heads and have bias towards what I suggest based on flow testing.

HD/Wrench

Re hash the old and sell it as new, kinda like a CNC httc head.

fxrp

"My money would be spent on reworked stockers with 1.94 intakes and 1.6 exhaust valves and properly sized flowed ports."   :up:

GoFast.....

Quote from: fxrp on November 22, 2008, 08:42:08 AM

"My money would be spent on reworked stockers with 1.94 intakes and 1.6 exhaust valves and properly sized flowed ports."   :up:
I agree with every post. I do not see how they can say that with a straight face. Maybe with sunglasses on :smiled:
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

FLTRI

OK, it's unanimous, no need to buy and try these heads because they won't work.:down:  Would this be considered armchair engineering?:wink:
I personally have a hard time bashing new products that I have not measured the performance of. A case in point is the "grooved" heads. Who would have thought that a small v-groove could make a burn so much better that timing AND fuel can be removed without giving up power?
As far as the CNC HTCC heads, they may be rehashed but they work surprisingly well IMO.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

ederdelyi

but, but, but ... everyone knows that all SE stuff is over priced crap that don't work fer $hit  :wink: Shame on you , Bob! Go sit in the corner until you get your head straight :>)

PanHeadRed

I have to agree with you Ed, if you think about it locically, what the hell could Harley Davidson possibly know about Harley Davidson V-Twin engines?

fuzznut5197

Quote from: PanHeadRed on November 22, 2008, 09:27:44 AM
I have to agree with you Ed, if you think about it locically, what the hell could Harley Davidson possibly know about Harley Davidson V-Twin engines?

That's right, when H-D wants to do something with performance, Porsche and Rotax are only a phone call away.  :smilep:

GoFast.....

November 22, 2008, 10:02:48 AM #9 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:06:36 AM by GoFast.....
Quote from: FLTRI on November 22, 2008, 08:59:29 AM
OK, it's unanimous, no need to buy and try these heads because they won't work.:down:  Would this be considered armchair engineering?:wink:
I personally have a hard time bashing new products that I have not measured the performance of. A case in point is the "grooved" heads. Who would have thought that a small v-groove could make a burn so much better that timing AND fuel can be removed without giving up power?
As far as the CNC HTCC heads, they may be rehashed but they work surprisingly well IMO.
Would this be considered armchair engineering? The flowbench is far more than an armchair considering the company doesn't even make a lot of their own SCREAMIN BEAGLE PARTS . We have a post on the Old HTT of all these heads and I think the 06 heads almost flowed to the level of the SE. Can someone find it and post it here.
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

FLTRI

Quote from: ederdelyi on November 22, 2008, 09:07:12 AM
but, but, but ... everyone knows that all SE stuff is over priced crap that don't work fer $hit  :wink: Shame on you , Bob! Go sit in the corner until you get your head straight :>)
Yep, yer right, those Hippo builds w/se heads are a joke and certainly not worth the money. :wink:

And RHP, HD using Porsche and Rotax is probably the smartest thing they could have done. Why reinvent performance when it is readily available from reliable, respected sources.
Have you forgotten the use of Cosworth by Ford? How bout Jim Fueling used to develop the Iron Duke 4cyl head for GM?
Or remember the Yamaha twin cam 4valve cylinder heads for a little Ford V-6 a while back?

So no matter how much you know or how long you been doing something, it is not a bad thing to look at new technology, even if you didn't come up with it.
Sitting in the corner now, :embarrassed:
Bob

PanHeadRed

Harley has been doing it for over 100 years and still has no clue, I figured it out in 1 big bore kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE

FLTRI

jsachs1

Don't forget that CRAIG WALTERS does most of the MoCo hi-perf. design work.
John :wink:

ederdelyi

CRS ... does anyone know who won the race to 200 RWHP from a TC?

"Don't confuse 'em with facts, their minds are made up!"