April 28, 2024, 04:41:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tire changing machine info wanted

Started by -deuced-, November 21, 2008, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-deuced-

Looking for info on tire changers to use in a motorcycle shop. Need to be able to change up to 300 series tyres and be able to handle up to 23" rims without damaging them. Would like to get info on a range of machines from push button auto to manual operation if possible. Also looking for info on auto wheel balancers. Appreciate any links to manufacturers or resellers. Even interested in ones you use in home workshop.
TIA

charley992002

November 21, 2008, 05:33:53 PM #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:36:50 PM by charley992002
I just sold a Coats 220 manual changer for $300 because we bought a new Coats RC-150EX, it costs about $4500 and will do up to a 230 and also ATV tires.  Now for the really wide stuff, check out their RC-200EX, it's the top of the line, about $800 more.  It's all American made and most larger cities have tire supply companies that sell parts and accessories.  Shipping, setup and training was included with ours.

Here is their website http://www.ammcoats.com/products_tire.aspx?id=119 for the 200 series changer and the website for the 150 series changer http://www.ammcoats.com/products_tire.aspx?id=436

Charley, N. Texas

JBarrettB

CAUTION: Comments may be sarcastic, clarification available upon request.

-deuced-

Thanks guys. Went and checked out some made in Italy machines by Mondolfo Ferro. Very similar looking to those Coats machines, but I suppose all the brands are similar in appearance. Comes with motorcycle attachments and install, training etc for around the same price. The guy knew his stuff and I thought he was pretty genuine. He gave us a good run through on the different models and they seem to have good after sales service. They had some second hand machines that had been traded in. They sure looked used and were only about 1k to 1.5k less than new, not an option really.

docdon