May 01, 2024, 08:37:59 PM

News:

Blue Tint Passing Lamps

Started by ChromeWhore, November 21, 2008, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromeWhore

I have a '06 Heritage and I would like to put in a halogen bulb that will emit a blue tint light. I know I can easily get the blue tint bulb for the headlight.

The passing light is 35w. I checked PIAA's bulbs, but I don't think they have one that fits that would emit blue tinted lighting.

I think the blue tinted lighting is cool on cars. I just don't see this kind of lighting on bikes.

--CW
an idiot if you do, an asshole if you don't... WTF

Ultrashovel

Blue colored lighs of any kind are owned by the police department, It depends how blue we are talking about. If a cop sees them and thinks they are too blue, he will stop you and write you a ticket. Same with the little blue dot that people like to put in their tail lights.

I guess a slight blue tint would be OK but you never know.

dirtbike_pgr

ultra is right about the PD owning the blue light thing, but its state specific

and varied

some states ignore blue dots some dont.. indiana made a friend of mine take his

blue cop passing lamps out, and they werent on/lit
..soo
i said all that to say this..check with the local athorities before doing it.

but if you are talking about the headlamp having the same "blue ' tint

as lexus or mercedes ect.. ijust bet that they are going to tell ya its ok..

Faast Ed

Quotesame "blue ' tint

as lexus or mercedes ect..

I'd try autozone or advanced auto. They have a whole rack of goofey lightbulb replacements.
≡Faast Ed>

drgn*95

Thought he was talking about HID'S..Arn't they the clear light system in newer cars that look blue at distance.

ChromeWhore

Gentlemen,

I'm not talking about police blue lights. I simply wan't the same legal tinted headlights that you see on BMW, Lexus, Acuras, etc... I want blue tinted lights--not blue lights..  :smiled:

I Can get this type of blue tint for the headlight, but it's the passing lamps (aux lights) that are difficult for me to find.

OMG: I wouldn't want my fellow bikers to mistake me for the fuzz...  :crook:

Thanks,

--CW
an idiot if you do, an asshole if you don't... WTF

Faast Ed

Have you tried Autozone?  For sure they have a multitude of headlamp "blueish" replacements, can't say for sure if they have the smaller bulbs in bluish, but they do have the small bulb replacements in regular light. Worth a look if you are desperate.
≡Faast Ed>

RoadKingRon

Try this site, everybody that has lighting questions this is the place to have all questions anwered.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/