May 01, 2024, 11:47:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Chrome sliders

Started by dave629, November 22, 2008, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave629

Zanottis has these bagger lower legs (46472-00B) listed at around 260 bucks. I am assuming they are bare lowers in need of seals, etc.  What other parts are needed for insallation?  These will be mama-sans :wink: Christmas present.

maineultraclassic

Fork oil, seals, brass crush washers, and chrome upper fork covers.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

drhooligan

November 22, 2008, 12:09:51 PM #2 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:20:05 PM by drhooligan
Check Ebay. There are allways a bunch of chrome sliders for just about every make and model. I recently picked up a set on there brand new in the box for an '07 Wide Glide for $148 plus shipping. You will need all that other stuff too. Take 'em off the bike and let an indy or a dealer do the swap and then reinstall the forks. Should cost about $100 for seals, oil and labor. They are a stinkin PIA if you've never done them before.
2007 FXDWG 120", Hillside Stage 3 Heads, 10.6:1, TW777, V&H 2:1, HPI55, 5.3 g/s

Faast Ed

My Softail lowers came with the seals and crush washers. Good chance yours will too.
≡Faast Ed>

waskier01

Pre-'06?  You might want to consider upgrading the guts to the '06 innards.

dave629

Ed -
Where did you find yours w/ the seal and washers?  They'll get my business, too.

Faast Ed

I got mine from Chicago HD (on line).  I would have to believe that Zinnatti's would be no different.
≡Faast Ed>

jvcazcm

I just bought the front end chrome kit, you get everything.  If you buy the upper slider covers that are chrome and all of the seals it just doesn't add up.  There are bolts and axel spacers, and end covers.  The kit was $449 for my bike and it is a PIA, I paid 4 hours labor to have it installed.  There are a few special tools you would need and yes you could buy them and never do the change again or just suck it up and pay.  I would not buy the ones on ebay they are not complete and they are take off's.  I have learned my lesson on that one also.  Again you don't get everything, and a few trips to the dealer and doing all of the work just not worth it.

jvc

PosseRider

It is good "winter therapy" to do the change yourself.   Relaxing.   :pop:
PosseRider
Vandalia,Ohio