April 27, 2024, 03:40:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

End of the Line!

Started by frito1, October 15, 2009, 06:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frito1

"frito"  '11 FLHTP
www.eddiekieger.com

1-Lonewolf

This is truly a sad day for American motorcycles! My son bought his first Buell XB1200 last year and I, myself found it to be fun to ride, and something out of the norm to most Sport bike riders. It has been something to be proud of when America seems to have lost it's dream of building something "American"! I blame Harley Davidson for the lack of support for the brand and I believe missed out on riders who would have bought Buell's if they offered the same kinds of ideas they did for Harley Davidson's. Buells are bikes that fit a need and Harley in a time of youth and lose sales, could have included in their lifestyle, if only they gave it more then just a corner in most dealerships! This is just my opinion, not worth much, but have grown to appreciate the Buell for what it was and how it was built. I will ride my sons when I can, and enjoy what should have been, as long as I am able! So Long Buell and Thanks Eric for building something American, that made even those who ride other brand sportbike take notice.

Shooter1

A number of years ago I had a '97 and a '00 S3T. Those bikes were alot of fun to ride, the '00 had the 101 hp Thunderbolt motor, good stuff. Sorry to see them go away.

-Harvey

88b

About a month ago i almost bought an ex demo Ulysses at my favorite dealers open day, was glad i didn't when i heard the sad news about Buell. Then a friend told me dealers are selling off stock at good prices, today I picked this up, it's an 08 but registered as an 09 with all the warrenty etc. plus a $2k custom paint job thrown in and a free tee shirt  .
http://www.8ballcustompaintwork.com/gallery.php?category=The%20interesting%20category&project=Beull%20-%20Urban%20Camo

panhead_dan

Nice!

From what I can find out, the factory is giving big rebates to dealerships so they can mark down prices. The last Buells produced are being delivered to dealerships now.

88b

That's what they told me too. Prices in the UK got jacked up 10% this year because the UK pound is weak against the Euro and the French Germans Belgians and Dutch have been coming over and getting a 30% discount. Their dealers complained to HD so the UK prices went up  :crook: all that did was slow sales to UK residents and give then a 20% discount. When I was picking up mine a Belgian was buying their ex demo 1125 R, he paid $1500 more than they were selling new ones for.

JohndeereG

Dealer here in NE is selling 09 & 10 Ulysses for $6,500 and $7,100 for the T model
93 FXR