May 01, 2024, 09:52:29 PM

News:

New engine install question

Started by Lovetoride007, November 22, 2008, 10:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovetoride007

I have a 2004 FLHTC I removed the stock engine,I built a 107Ci with S&S cases witch is the timken style, I was installing the compensating side of things and the spacer that goes on the crank that pushes into the seal is to long now,do I order the spacer for a 2001? or what do I need?
Thanks Mike

Lovetoride007

Someone want to take a shot at this one,

choseneasy

I have got the spacer cut down by a machinist when putting a belt primary on a shovel. You should have no more than 30 thou difference on the primary chain when you are all done. Measure at the comp. sprocket and then in front of the clutch basket. You can use this to see how much shorter of a spacer you need. You should be able to find a shorter one instead of cutting yours down.

Lovetoride007

wouldnt the spacer from an 2001 be the one needed or at least to start that is a timken bearing engine , the one I have is about 3/4 on inch to long,I just thought someone would make one you can buy?,

ederdelyi

It's been awhile since I've done one, but you are on the right track. The spacer you have for the '04 is for the '03 up roller bearing motors. The spacer for your model but from a pre '03 vintage motor should be the correct one. Check with SnS if you have any doubts.

WARNING: Contains CRS prone material! :>)

Scotty

24008-99A is the part number you are looking for I beleive.

HIPPO

Yup, mine doesn't have the -A but it's the same part, #15

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

FSG

Crankcase & Engine Oil Filter from the 2002 PM

ameagle13

Good Luck,
J

Lovetoride007

Thanks for all responding , that spacer worked perfect,

GoFast.....

Quote from: Lovetoride007 on November 24, 2008, 08:19:38 AM